PotM October - Ghosts and Ghoulies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tc":69tuepwy said:
Ductape":69tuepwy said:
Is Halloween celebrated very extensively in Europe?

Just curious.

Not as much as you guys, but it's getting bigger every year where I am in deepest darkest Wiltshire!

I would agree :D

Getting more popular each year :cool:

WD :D

It certainly is becoming much bigger. My favourite ever Halloween was in the UK, coming out of Wembley after a Grateful Dead gig and going clubbing in the city, all the Deadheads were mixing with all the weirdos out clubbing in their Halloween costumes. Amazing sight!

WD Pro":2hyukgho said:
Tc":2hyukgho said:
Ductape":2hyukgho said:
Is Halloween celebrated very extensively in Europe?

Just curious.

Not as much as you guys, but it's getting bigger every year where I am in deepest darkest Wiltshire!

I would agree :D

Getting more popular each year :cool:

WD :D
Is it?
It much less than BitD around here.
There used to be loads of people out trick or treating and on mischievous night to.
Now there are just a couple that come around.
I would say it has gone down the pan.

Christmas has already taken over the shop isles, pubs etc. Which kind of leaves little room for anything else.. Sad sad state of affairs really.
I think the fact people can afford pumpkins now and not use the much scarier turnips is a disappointment too ;-)

We have loads round here and it's great - the kids come out in some great costumes starting with the littlies around tea-time and then lots of giggly teenagers. usually all done by about 8.30.
Lots of people put stuff in their windows round here and we always have a pumpkin and various witches, bats etc in the window. We don't get any problems and the littlies always have mum or dad nearby.
Oh, and I get to trough loads of sweets.... :D

A few years ago Andy did the New York marathon and we were there over Hallowe'en - I had absolutely no idea how huge it is in America. Unfortunately because he was going to be running we couldn't go out and join in :cry:

i had a couple of tykes knock on the door last weekend, i was a bit stunned when they said "trick or treat mate" told them to come back at the end of the month. with that they said "will do mate" and rode off.
round here theres quite a few doing it now with small kids. last year had a few students getting in on the free sweets too

no ghost, but a real nightmare :eek: .... and the pumpkin does not laugh :facepalm:

Attachments

• nightmare1.jpg
    nightmare1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 211
  • nightmare2.jpg
    nightmare2.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back