Any help with a little advice on a Klein Attitude?

hazelhayward

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I am a bit like a fish out of water when it comes to bicycles and was advised to visit Retrobike for a little advice and information from any knowledgable members regarding my late husbands bicycle??

The bicycle is a Klein Attitude and is believed it is an early 90s model from info i have found via a nearby bike store is that it is quite a rare bicycle and is in good condition for its years as my husband lavished hour after hour maintaining and riding it as it was his pride and joy which he owned from new.

Its been a couple of years since my husband passed away and our son is too young to appreciate it and it seems a shame to be left to gather dust in the garage although the bicycle store has given the bike a service and was amazed at its condition and how well maintained it is.

The bike had been listed on ebay but the due to selling restrictions for new account holders a selling limit restricts the amount it can be listed for and ebay appears to be a sad way to let something that was once cherished depart..

Any help would be greatly accepted with regards to specifications and what year the bicycle may be? I am in the process of trying to add some pictures but I am not the most technologically gifted of people so please bare with me!

Kind Regards

Hazel x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 466
Hi
First of course i have to say im sorry to hear of the circumstances that lead up to you selling the bike .
There are loads of real experts here that can advise you all the way and there is a pretty big " whats it worth " thread too , im sure you are aware that its a very desirable bike in what looks like nice condition so you are doing the right thing by asking first and im sure it will find a loving home here if thats what you decide :D
All the best Paul .

Probably best asking a question on value in this thread, pictures will always help.

I can imagine there would be a reasonable amount of interest in one of these in nice condition.

shinobi":1444wqzm said:
Hi
First of course i have to say im sorry to hear of the circumstances that lead up to you selling the bike .
There are loads of real experts here that can advise you all the way and there is a pretty big " whats it worth " thread too , im sure you are aware that its a very desirable bike in what looks like nice condition so you are doing the right thing by asking first and im sure it will find a loving home here if thats what you decide :D
All the best Paul .

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I was always told by my husband it was quite a valuable bicycle but always took it with a pinch of salt in all honesty as he was such an enthusiast that could never part with any of his cycling belongings, as the the "bikeshed" garage is testament!

As we are now in the process of moving the garage was first port of call in the packing process so it was only by chance we took it to the store as it was going to be serviced for our son to ride only to be advised against it due to it being something of a rarity.

I shall try and navigate my way around to the relevant sections on the site and see what I can find.

thanks ever so much.

hazel

Neil":i1noh1zw said:
Probably best asking a question on value in this thread, pictures will always help.

I can imagine there would be a reasonable amount of interest in one of these in nice condition.

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

I shall try and make my way to the relevant section and add a few more pictures.

much appreciated.

hazel

Its worth bearing in mind we can be a bit economical with the amount we admit to spending on our bikes but best keep that quiet eh lol !
I would be carefull of your son using it as transport too because im afraid it would not last long being chained up outside the shops .
Cheers Paul

shinobi":1zcn9vr9 said:
Its worth bearing in mind we can be a bit economical with the amount we admit to spending on our bikes but best keep that quiet eh lol !
I would be carefull of your son using it as transport too because im afraid it would not last long being chained up outside the shops .
Cheers Paul

Yes I am fast beginning to realise the truth behind what appears to be an addiction on my husbands part as there are one or two more under covers in the garage which were obviously well hidden from me! each to their own as I caused enough discussion with my shoe wardrobe..

Our son is only ten so its unlikely he will be getting to ride it now and he has since decided that pink and yellow is not his colour which has probably save me any bombshells from him in the future :D if it happens that we do sell then some of the proceeds will no doubt be going toward a new bicycle for him which would seem appropriate and will probably see him develop the same addiction as his dad.

hazel x

I'm not the expert on them but its a Klein Attitude in Backfire Colour scheme, probably 1992 or 3, looks to be fairly standard parts (for age) fitted which is good. Price will always be dependent on condition but i would say £1500 would be the right ballpark plus or minus £300.
If you need somebody to advise you on how and where to sell or even to check its condition (they have known weaknesses) i'm sure there will be someone nearby to your location to help.
This advert was carried in July;

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;start=0

swannymere":28v7a7ky said:
I'm not the expert on them but its a Klein Attitude in Backfire Colour scheme, probably 1992 or 3, looks to be fairly standard parts (for age) fitted which is good. Price will always be dependent on condition but i would say £1500 would be the right ballpark plus or minus £300.
If you need somebody to advise you on how and where to sell or even to check its condition (they have known weaknesses) i'm sure there will be someone nearby to your location to help.
This advert was carried in July;

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;start=0

Hi,

Thanks for such an informative response..

The bicycle store we visited was a bit of an enthusiast and advised us that bikes of the period were prone to cracks and gave it a clean bill of health after servicing so I would hope it to be solid.

very much appreciated.

Hazel x

Back