Bike Insurance....

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I currently have M&S home insurance which covers bikes of pretty much any value. It's getting pricey though and wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

How do you insure your bikes, if at all?

I was planning to get separate insurance for my bikes, but when I looked through my home insurance options this year Swinton was one of the cheapest quotes and covered all my bikes - might depend on value of bikes and other details as to whether it works for you, but it might be worth a look, as they were the only one of my options that didn't add anything to the premium for adding my bikes to the policy.

Nice one thanks for the advice. Standalone bike insurance is pretty pricey, so finding contents insurance that'll cover it is my preference!

Just out of interest for next year as I went straight for insurance from british cycling. Do house insurance cover you for accidental damage while out riding/travelling in car with bike etc or generally damage it?

daj":xzxebwk9 said:
Just out of interest for next year as I went straight for insurance from british cycling. Do house insurance cover you for accidental damage while out riding/travelling in car with bike etc or generally damage it?

Yeah I've had a few quotes, Hiscox contents insurance will cover me up to £2k for a bike, or a specified amount if higher. Accidental damage away from home and also new for old.

Axa who usually do M&S are other options, though not quite as good policies. Similarly John Lewis ins was reassuringly posh and reasonable when truly considering scrappy options from half assed unknown firms on comparisons, many of whom love to hassle you. So yeah liking JL

Back