1989 Scapin Atec

KidDynamite":1wvjsrig said:
Wow, it's coming up really nice, looking forward for the final result :D. Are you going for gum wall tyres or all black?

Thansk for the feedback.

I'm going with black & lime Rubino Pro's by Italian company Vittoria. :LOL: I also have some slightly used grey Michelin Pro 2's I've been hoarding for a few years.

Vittoria-vittoria-rubino-pro-iii-folding-tyre-700-x-23-%2823-622%29-IMG25226.jpg

otherself.

Indeed the tyres will look good but they are devoid from grip !!!! I used them on my winter steed(mine were cheapo version) maybe different compound would be good :cool:

That's a very classy choice of colours. Gunmetal can look a bit staid on a bike, but the green decals really set it off. Will wait to see the tyres on the bike before making my mind up about them though...!

otherself":rb8jwah4 said:
Stem is a 3TTT Status also in gunmetal grey - got this from Planet-X cycles for a bargain 9.99 pounds. The ugly Stronglight headset has to go.

I bought one of those stems myself for the Raleigh RSP 853 project - good value but the black plastic cap covering the main allen bolt is a fiddly proposition to remove & replace.
I'm normally a big fan of Stronglight kit, and I'm sure the bearings are good quality, but you're right - the headset your frame came with is certainly no "looker"!

David

Re: Re:

dg01":3lw3nxym said:
Was this ever finished? I'd like to have seen it completed....

Hello. Yes it was finished and ridden about 4 years ago but not "photo worthy" as the modern wheels & modern black handlebars weren't to my liking... nor period correct. The headset cups (Shimano 6400) were a bit loose / had play, so Its been not used much since tbh. I tried a Stronglight A9 and the crown race sheered off! Forks O.K. I'll have to try some other headsets, pref with steel crown race instead of stupid brittle alloy ones.

I want some 90's grey anodized 3ttt competizione bars to match the stem and paintjob. They are always overpriced, even used ones. Keeping my eyes peeled on the bay.

handlebar-3ttt-competizione-anthracite.jpg

Groupset is 600 Tricolour 6400 from the late 80's/early 90's, so period correct and a dark grey components really look wonderful.

7f43b1356a508bd06070fe8663973e61d44c26ee.jpg

Wheels I hoped to use Fiamme rims (italy), also in matching grey but always too costly. So I decided to build a wheel using a modern silver Open Elite clincher rim on a hub - not a 600 hub but a NOS RSX (circa 94?) 7 speed that are got a very good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NEW-Vintag ... 1724061616

Its a great ride. Cromor is stiffer than my 531 comes and go's (I'm a slightly portly gentleman at the moment ~84kg so its probably a better tubeset for me). I will get some pics up soon.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back