Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA & NE/North&West Yorks: Settle to Malham, Yorkshire Dales
~ Saturday 19th October 2013
w-42457-malham_moor-189x189.jpg
w-071195-malhamtarnestate-property_image.jpg
w-malham_cove-189x189.jpg

This has been on the calendar for some time, so here it is. Once again we'll be collaborating with the NE/North&West Yorks to put together a classic route in a truly beautiful part of the country.

:: Date: Saturday 19th October 2013
:: Distance/time: 21 Miles with shortcut options/approx 6hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 9:30am onwards, ride starts at 10am Lower Greenfoot Lane Car Park, Settle BD24 9RB
:: Directions: click here for start location
:: Terrain: 85% off road, mainly well surfaced but expect some mud in places. 1400ft of climbing, drove roads, shooting tracks and some technical singletrack.

See our previous visits here below:
Feb 2011 Aftermath Here
July 2011 Aftermath Here

The ride starts with a big climb out of Settle and onto the new section of the Pennine Bridleway before heading off over Malham Moor toward the Tarn (the highest Lake in England).
Then a brake burning descent into Malham Village for a hearty pub lunch and ales, followed by a short walk to Malham Cove. The return leg will see us saddling up again for the big climb up onto the Pennine Bridleway again and the final descent down the fantastic Stockdale Lane into Settle.

Stunning Dales views all the way round with particularly good views of the mighty Three Peaks in the distance.

There is plenty of parking in Settle as well as a good few pubs and hotels for those wanting to make a weekend of it. There are also regular trains from Carlisle and Leeds for those who want to leave the car at home.

Please make sure your bike is in good fettle and you are dressed for all weathers.

:: NO HELMET NO RIDE

See thi up on't moors!

Re: NWA with NE/North&West Yorks ride: SETTLE/MALHAM ~ 19/10

Believe I may have ridden this, but never seen it... :?

Afraid we're away for a long weekend riding in the Lakes though - Kiran's suggestion, aren't I a lucky boy?! :D She's definitely a keeper :LOL:

Shame as it's a brilliant route and I'm told the scenery is stunning...

Not entirely sure I'll be able to make it for this ride.

I'd suggest riding it the other way around from what we've done previously though. The descents will be much better.

Will be back at work :(

I'm taking back that 'no' - I'm working on working it into the schedule on our way North, fingers crossed! :D

Looking good now, going to be a feat fitting everything in but I'm pretty confident it's game on! Fixed Kiran's bike last night amidst much swearing and high-pressure jets of oil across the front room... :x It's our first call on a few days away* really looking forward to it :cool:

*this will be rolled out as my excuse for riding modern, but short travel, British(ish) and steel so no need to bring the pitchforks and firelighters...

Do we have an attendees list? Kiran's scared it's just me, Lee & Vern! :LOL: ;)

Back