MacRetro chat and rides thread

OK so I only did one lap but it was full of shitty duckboards and roots. Pah!

PLUS - I had to groom myself for later :LOL:

any interest out there in a couple of runs,

Night-Ride - mid November, probably a Friday, possibly Glen Tress. We had a great night down there a couple of years ago, was thinking it would be good to revisit.

Xmas run - escape the family and seasonal cabin fever for an afternoon. between xmas and new year, 27th/28th/29th/30th Dec possibly. Again I think a trail centre is a good idea with the protection and shelter that the trees offer from the weather and the chances of a coffee afterwards

if there's interest we'll spin it out into a thread

I championed festive Frolics last year and those of us who went had a good time. Is the trails in Glasgow for the Commonwealth games any good. Only ever likely to get over there during a holiday period and festive break period might work well for me. You will probably succeed in getting folk nightriding at GT but not me, I have real issues with depth perception using artificial light when off road, an accident waiting to happen :roll:

velomaniac":26k8649h said:
I championed festive Frolics last year and those of us who went had a good time. :

remember it well velo, looked to be a poor day weather wise, but we managed to get our ride in without the rain... enjoyed the Blue route decent...

velomaniac":26k8649h said:
the trails in Glasgow for the Commonwealth games any good. Only ever likely to get over there during a holiday period and festive break period might work well for me.

tis possible, I've been up there 5 or 6 times this year.. it's all good fun but tbh it's more of a race circuit of little over 3 miles designed to be repeated. facilities wise, there's none at the moment. but should be in the mix of venues if it works for the interested parties..

G..

p.s. just incase - didn't mean to step on anyones toes by proposing this, but can starting to see the festive family plans getting made, just wanted to ensure I get out across the holidays.

Put this years Festive Frolics down for Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th December, that way no ones working and its half way between Christmas and Hogmanay. Post up a thread now and sticky it, post a date and they will come, mention that venue is negotiable but dates either 28th or 29th ;)

As for Nightride you should put it on a Friday as the thread says Friday Night is Nightride Night, say 15th november, right in the middle of the month.

Back