1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the 1991 Scott , rebuild starts page 4

Mr Universe":1cfuh3vc said:
Lovely scott bar, I think it'll look nice :) unsure on the year though, certainly not a modern bar so I'll settle for that ;)

This type of logotype was used from '88 to '90, but most of '80 bikes I saw had cromoly bars - so I guess it'll be '90
Check also the end of the bars - very often there is a stamp with date

Re: 1991 Scott Pro Racing , restoration starts page 4

Thanks for the information, fantastic news if they are around 1990 :) I'll have a peek at the bar and see if I can see anything :) thanks

A little update , while I'm here :)

Managed to get a little time to dry build the bike and make sure everything fits and sits nicely , so far things are looking very good, I've spent ages on this , polishing cleaning and restoring the parts , the cranks have returned from the anodizers and to say I'm pleased is an understatement , hopefully they should retain the polished look I spent days achieving,

There is a few parts to finish off polishing and tweaking before I'll be happy, and I still need to find a front Xt mech in nice condition.

Then I've got the cassette and chain to fit , unsure if I should go seven or eight speed yet ? , cable up and wait for my mate to get back with the final decals., I think that everything then hopefully work permitting I might get time to enjoy riding it :)

Here's a couple of pictures to keep you going :) ;)

Re: 1991 Scott Pro Racing , progress pictures page 11

Hi Ian ,
This Scott is looking good mate , Beware of using old 'bars though . I had a pair of ITM road bars snap on me ( I don't mean literally !) a while back . Had them since new . My Scott 'bars are by the looks of them , more modern .
Thanks Kermit , will pass , though if Universe thinks they may be dodgy even if they are Ritchey branded .
I still like the matt finish and hubs also . Chainset looks fantastic too
Mike

Thanks mike, I am a little wary of old contact parts , I've done visual inspection on everything and all looks ok, but fatigue is a hidden monster, fortunately I don't think this bike will get hammered so as long as I pootle along like normal :LOL: , then fingers crossed nothing should snap :facepalm:

The wheels I think will get changed eventually for some more XT as I found out they are a lot newer than I was told , but these go round and round nicely and look ok for now until I find something more period.

Your scott is looking super :cool: btw. :)

Thanks Ian ,
Will look even better with Z-Maxs on it . That reminds me , EBAY ! :facepalm: Really feels new , especially now I can stop it ! :oops:

Nice to see all these Scott's brought back to their former glory! Very nice!

Thank you bart, been looking at your threads , stunning work mate, a true inspiration for me, and no doubt others :)

Hey Ian ,
Have you STILL not finished Nigel :roll:
Mike :LOL: ;)

Back