Pedals with toe clips - What shoes do you wear?

Any Vans shoes with thick/stiffer sole. They also have special Vans made for cyclists, with stiffer sole.

mattsccm":153nrmje said:
I know several CX riders used to wear footy boots with the front studs removed and a cleat nailed on. Pre SPDs of course. I seem to remember 1 chap who left the front studs and used flat pedal. Good fro running.

That was always what I used, heel studs in, toe studs out, funny duck paddle on the climbs (to dig the heels in)... :|

Had (probably still have) some Diadora prancing shoes for on the road.

I use the Vittoria model 1976 when I need a lot of comfort and I have to walk. The soles are made of rubber compound and the use are easy for walking as well.
And for me they looking great:
1240187_10201073644296865_403702573_n.jpg

When I need to push the pedals harder and a lot off climbs then I prefer shoes with cleats and I use these old competition shoes:
296265_10200576354984943_2138995256_n.jpg

Montello":21b1ghxd said:
Nice but not that easy to get hold of ....
This was my point in starting the thread; I was having such difficulty tracking down age related shoes in the right size that I thought I would ask what other people used. As it turns out, a lot of people use age related shoes in the correct size. :facepalm:

I have found and bought a pair of AXO shoes from a trader in the Netherlands, they are a more modern design, but are original and designed specifically for pedals with toe clips and straps, so must be from close to the end of that era. I will see what they are like and will use them while keeping my eye's open for something a little older.

Just got a pair of AXO shoes like the ones in the link, NOS.

I went for a 43 after asking the seller about sizes, I think I could have just got away with a 42, but the shoes are great and very comfy.

I know that are a little later that I would have ideally liked, but needs must and all that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axo-Italy-Vin ... 3385dc2875

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back