Fed up - the Retrobike rollercoaster ride continues

Shaun, exactly what i was going to say. As leverage goes, there is no point in going longer than the rim diameter. I preferred to use 2 hands on the rim.
If your freewheel has a remover that bolts on rather than a loose spline, then the firm pressure will help release it.
For the clamp bolt it could be possible to tap it out a little larger.

legrandefromage":3ibclmsg said:
Chain Reaction bikes' will still have wheels that buckle and threads that will strip. Going out in a strop and buying new is not the panacea (droids?) you are looking for.

I once blew £1900 on 'new' and it was worse than the 'old' it was meant to replace. The 'old' in question is still here whereas the then 'new' went the way of the Friday Free ads. Ironically the then 'new' would now be 'old' and I'd be looking at the new 'new' to replace both the old 'old' and the new 'old' perhaps only to find out a week later that the new 'new' is as bigger disappointment as it was when the purchase of the old 'new' turned sour...

What mech was it?

I know, I typed that when I was a little cross :LOL:

Midlife":y33hik1y said:
Sounds like you have bent the rim :( best to stick the remover in a vice and turn the wheel. Holding the wheel on the floor and using a breaker bar tends to torque the rim sideways.........

Shaun

I exaggerated the length of the bar it was a section of old trampoline frame, it was about 12" or so.

What worries me is :?

I noticed when I built the bike when it was in the stand when i pedalled the freewheel seemed to rock up and down like it does now but I assumed this was because the bike was old and the freewheel was knackered. So when I fitted the new freewheel I thought this unevenness would go.

:oops:

I wouldn't worry about the freewheel doing that. I have had it on customers bikes and mine for that matter with no problem. hope that eases you day

bennyboy95

The History Man":2gqbh9yf said:
Or is it more ted moult?

That's not Ted. Ted was much more subtle in his approach.

In fact, I reckon anyone is compared to that arse :roll:

Old Ned":eday15ck said:
The History Man":eday15ck said:
Or is it more ted moult?

That's not Ted. Ted was much more subtle in his approach.

In fact, I reckon anyone is compared to that arse :roll:

What arse is it? I knew it wasn't Ted Mould but I still can't put a name to him.

Back