Some well used PDM 540 pedals
Thomson Elite seatpost
Union Jack Rolls saddle
Hope Ti-Glide and superlight hubs
Mavic XC 517 rims
Kona Cleaner and Mr Dirt tyres with Air-B latex tubes

What's the serial number?

Did F8's have a canti stop?

Looks more like an older one with some of those F8 repro decals from eBay.

Very nice whichever model it is :cool:

RC200F8?

Yeah,i know its an older model with new decals,probably an F3 i think,but who cares?Not me,it rides great,i will post the frame no. at some point and find out for sure and get the correct decals then.It has a 1" head tube if and cantilever cable guides,which i guess put it around 1994-1996?Looking for some RC30's if anyone has some clean ones,Steerer size not important. :D :D

Re: RC200F8?

MRGRUMPY":3ruqncso said:
who cares?

Probably nobody. You are Mr Grumpy, aren't you? :p

(I think you're right with F3, if it's a 1" steerer and round seat-tube, this would make it a 1994. Serial will tell all. I also have some proper F3 Pace decals for the downtube, but if you don't care.... ;) )

New stem and Middleurn cranks

Just got a hardly used Control Tech stem to replace my RC45,as the Pace stem will not hold tight with the reducer shim,colour is awful,but the frame and stem will be powder coated in the winter.Also some Middleburn RS8 cranks,in square taper,so i now can use all three rings as the cranks are now straight.

This bike is like riding with a tail wind all the time,so stiff,but it is beating the hell out of me on every ride,thanks to everyone who has o
posted a repy and to all you guys for some great pics.and inspiration. :D :D

nice looking f3.

Pace frames will beat you up if you don't ride them right. Basically ride them like a road bike (the easiest way of descirbing it) and they are sweet as a nut. You can't just pootle along you have to ride everywhere fast. If you remember they were built as race bikes this sort of makes sense.

When I first got my f8 I was horrified by the ride, but once I started riding it differently it was just great.

I spend a lot of time on a very stiff road bike (Terry Dolan built Cougar) so the ride is similar; and as a result my f8 is comfy as hell

Latest posts

Back