show us your cars 2

Elev12k":v1gu74w9 said:
This commercial is currently broadcasted in NL. The purpose is to make people aware they shouldn't be busy with social media during driving.

http://youtu.be/TV5KAymt7Wc

Would it be wrong to suggest we just have death squads that go around offing the people who use social media?

It doesn't feel wrong...

I'll see the Lego Volvo and raise you my very own Lego Range Rover...

lego_range_roverjpg_181.jpg

No, I sincerely thought it was carved from stone :facepalm:

Here are examples of the Volvos carved from stone :facepalm: by a certain Jan Wilsgaard.

Jon.

Attachments

• WilsgaardCars.jpg
    WilsgaardCars.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 391
roadking":16wue1al said:
Here are examples of the Volvos carved from stone :facepalm: by a certain Jan Wilsgaard.

Missing the best looking of all of them;

It's a shame that they then apparently asked asked some visually impaired women for their opinion and spoiled the final design, that prototype looks spot on - much as I love them the 850 / 70s have always looked "almost right" in my opinion. Engineering wise they're superb, designed and built with a long service life as a priority unlike everything that followed.

ajm":33ykuzvh said:
roadking":33ykuzvh said:

Missing the best looking of all of them;

It's a shame that they then apparently asked asked some visually impaired women for their opinion and spoiled the final design, that prototype looks spot on - much as I love them the 850 / 70s have always looked "almost right" in my opinion. Engineering wise they're superb, designed and built with a long service life as a priority unlike everything that followed.

Can't see the image - won't load, but would be interested in it. edit: and now I can see it! Just to add, a few enthusiasts used the "egg crate" style grills in 850s and 70 classics.

Visually, my favourite would have to be the original / classic C70 for looks alone. Although I do like the blend of new and old in the 850s and classic 70 series in general.

I would have always liked one of the original C70s, was always reading about issues with the doors being a bit heavy for the mounts, though, which put me off a little bit.

Neil":vvjbtekx said:
Just to add, a few enthusiasts used the "egg crate" style grills in 850s and 70 classics.

Yes, although I'm not sure it really works so well with the more rounded production cars myself. Of the production models, visually I've always preferred the original 850s with the full height headlights - the later ones just don't look quite right to me.

I would have always liked one of the original C70s, was always reading about issues with the doors being a bit heavy for the mounts, though, which put me off a little bit.

At the time I loved those too. The doors are pretty huge but I wouldn't worry about a little problem like that... mind you I bought an MGF and we all "know" that you can't drive three miles in one of those without having to replace the head gasket six times!

Back