Eroica's coming to the UK

I signed up for the pre registration.think i will fit a 39 ring to the 83 gazelle and give it a try.i just wish i still had my diadora moser,s

I've pre registered.
I could sit and moan about it or I could join in.

I choose the latter, see you there and in the Cotswolds for the RR ride if you go.

I'm grey and fattish and on a De Rosa.

Edit: I have just received a confirmation email about pre registering and one about being added to the mailing list.

I noticed that you can download a "Garmin" route plan. Does that mean that you're allowed to use a computer or whatever a "Garmin" is on the day ?

Johnsqual":2avvmzck said:
I don't think the organisers of this would be able to tell a racing bike from Raleigh Twenty. If it's got drop bars you'll be fine.

I think you'll find they do - most of them have do l'Eroica several times and own retro/vintage bikes themselves.

OK so the Raleigh 20 remark was below the belt.

However, if they're done the Eroica several times and are
such ardent retro bike fans, it's a bit depressing that they've
managed to miss the spirit of the original event so badly.

It seems their effort is more about charging a high price and
attracting corporate sponsors which I find really sad.

I agree the price is high, but if you view it as three days camping which is included in the price it ain't that bad knowing how much our local campsites charge.

As I've said before they are trying to make a profit, but a lot of hard work and money has gone into organising it.

Even if you don't come up for Eroica Brittania, I can recommend the Peak District, and the the route is worth a ride around, even if I say so myself as a native.

Back