Help identify this old touring bike that I've fallen for . .

Re: Help identify this old touring bike that I've fallen for

Not that I can see. I've replaced the brakes so I'll have a look at the ones I took off closely to see if there any markings.

Thanks for your help Shaun.

Out of interest who pulls rank? Guru or Grand Master? ;-)

jonswin17":170ftik0 said:
Not that I can see. I've replaced the brakes so I'll have a look at the ones I took off closely to see if there any markings.

If you've still got that rear caliper on it, you'll be wanting to cinch another nut up against the one in the picture, otherwise it'll gradually undo itself ever time you brake...

Can't help with the frame manufacturer though - don't recognise that seattube logo (if that's what it is). The type of brake stay and the fact that it originally had steel wheels and would suggest it's a mid to low cost bike originally. It's a good looking thing though - enjoy!

Thanks mate

Yeah I replaced the brakes for some up to date tektro dual pulls. Combined with the new wheels it's a world of difference.

She is an absolute beauty and loves eating Lycra clad carbonistas on my commute to work.

I make sure I say 'nice bike mate' as I cruise past them, dynamo whirring and mudguards rattling. .

jonswin17":uk6yg3ff said:
Thanks mate

Yeah I replaced the brakes for some up to date tektro dual pulls. Combined with the new wheels it's a world of difference.

She is an absolute beauty and loves eating Lycra clad carbonistas on my commute to work.

I make sure I say 'nice bike mate' as I cruise past them, dynamo whirring and mudguards rattling. .
:D Nice One, you should get some of those multi coloured handle bar streamers. That'll eat 'em up as you fly past.

puch pursuit? I have just re furbed one and looks very similar?

If the brake calipers are Weinmann then there should be a date code on the back of them. This will narrow down the year of manufacture. Some better photos of the decals would be interesting.

More pics

I know she needs a clean but she has been working hard this week (85 commuting miles)

I am aware the moustache badge isn't original but I quite like it!

I think it is puch like, but, the serial number just doesn't add up. From what I can find out he puch serial numbers are all numbers and this one starts with a n.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 134

oh yes, the bars say 'itm special' on them and the handlebar riser says 'SR'

the riser tightener thingy says 25.4 x 26g which I assume is a size?

Thanks again

Caveman720":o2xm185l said:
First glance at the stickers on the down tube reminded of a puch I rode in the seventies

Ditto the flat plate serving as a rack mount/rear brake bridge - very similar to an old Puch I had as a kid.

David

Hey

On the back of the original brakes it says

Made in Germany and 767

Latest posts

Back