Hi all newbie with 91 GT Zaskar

Feedback
View
Hi all, been using the scanned guides on here for the past couple of weeks, so thought I'd better do the decent thing & sign up.

Got a GT Zaskar from what appears to be 1991, frame number 03910558, so from reading a GT Zaskar thread earlier that makes it the 558 frame made in March 1991.

Have had it for the past few years & been slowly building up, then forgetting about mountain biking, then rediscovering it & the work recommences. Decided not to go down the original route, so it has XT shifters/levers, LX front & rear mechs, LX chainset, LX V brake up front (with Travel Agent), deore U brake on the rear. And just completed over the weekend, it now has a beautiful pair of Pace RC35's, a Cane Creek S3 aheadset & a Bontrager Select stem.

Been over to Bedgebury twice since the weekend & can confirm it rides better than I do.

Can't post any pics at the moment, as they're all too big, but here is the link to the Facebook album showing the work in progress, let me know if you can't access it https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 7c0f9b4809

sweet, nice bike. 91, you have one of the best zaskars ever made imho. great to hear you are riding it lots and enjoying it. (needs some older parts i reckon...but thats just my opinion)

thanks for sharing!

:D

merckx":1prnmfn6 said:
sweet, nice bike. 91, you have one of the best zaskars ever made imho. great to hear you are riding it lots and enjoying it. (needs some older parts i reckon...but thats just my opinion)

thanks for sharing!

:D

Yeah could probably do with some older bits, but it's getting hold of them & cost. Having only just in the past 6 months got back into mountain biking, need to keep the cost down & the bike operational at all times. What I need is another one :D

Welcome to the forum! :D

I agree, that this bike deserves a period correct build. But the main thing is that you like it and that the bike is driven! :D

Edit: I will add a pic of your Zaskar, so we know what you are talking about! ;)

993486_471329602946178_1430025474_n.jpg

Here is a pic of my 91 (built in September 1990; No. 8:cool: frame waiting to be built up:
medium_Foto_1.jpg

Yeah it was your tread that enabled me to work out when mine was built. I'd like to do a period build, but it's my only ride, so it's been put together with what I can afford, what's available & minimal disruption to riding.

The answer is, I NEED ANOTHER ZASKAR :D

Cheers Rahbari for the upload, all my pics of the bike are far too big, but just save them from FB & they're perfect, so here it is as it stands now, with a beautiful pair of Pace RC35's :cool:

Attachments

• 1382882_525250010887470_1143305945_n.jpg
    1382882_525250010887470_1143305945_n.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,357
Back