mystery record''s'' mtb

keepcycling

Retro Newbie
hello to all members from greece/this one purchased some time ago but so far i never heard -and i didthn found anythink about it-country of origin or so/any idea???
has italian tread on bb-107,8cm lenght from axle to axle 22''frame
columbus aelle tubing and has a line pressed on the horizontal frame-and diagonal also
water slide decals RECORD* S .
shimano mn 72 huns j f code

tasos greece

Attachments

• front (2).jpg
    front (2).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 541
  • capriolo.jpg
    capriolo.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 541
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 541
  • itm stem mtb.jpg
    itm stem mtb.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 541
No idea but I like it!

If you put something along the lines of ' Mid-80s Columbus Italian(?) Mystery Scurd(?)' in your subject line you'll probably get some experts along soon.

the engraving on the fork crown certainly helps seperate it from the mundane. It's cool.

hi guys.thanks for your replies. the goat stamped on fork was the basic reason that cathed my eye when i saw it first time.yes its a bit strange and unfamiliar.i had another one bike (berma padova brand)with same fork (from factory).and its also a mystery as a fork it self.ah! hope that sometime infos will apeared to satisfie my curiocity!
with a second view this one has xt deerhead group on it(exept rear der and right shifter=that probably replaced sometime),arabesque 600ex headrace and pd mx 15 pedals.the whole i have so far is the -common knowledge-..first shimano parts for specific mtb use-borrowed mx pedlas from bmx-and 600ex arabesque from road bikes.according with these probably the bike comes from 1983 to 86.anyway has adjustable horizontal-with tensioners-and not (later type )vertical dropouts.we will see!

maybe the berma factory produced some examples for some customers,under other names?who knows..if its berma also= i have 80% the same opinion,after some close up examination in the passed days..they do have many similarities,indeed.even the type of the stamped numbers are the same.although its older from ''the other'' :) this one ruined from the bad choice of paintwork.that grey adds weight somehow,and make it looks so ordinary..but this will change soon. :) i will not keep that grey.the bike is almost ready to be restored.all missing parts are in the shed now.just waiting for free time.and a good solution for the decals issue....the top and diagonal tube has pressed lines a fact that makes the thinks difficult/ the vinyl decals cant be fitted on these points....thats why the factory has water slides/////////////

cheers and thanks for your opinion/! tasos greece

well done you this is another eighties gem, never seen these in the UK, the forks are a real treasure..
That's some 80's stable two berma padova's and a minty ross all of exceptional vintage..
more photos pls, especially the yellow one

Back