The Opposite of a Klein Lover

ez054098

Senior Retro Guru
I was wondering what is the opposite of a Klein lover? I mean, if one hates Klein bicycles, which bicycle brand do the haters own then?

ez054098":1joimzi2 said:
I was wondering what is the opposite of a Klein lover? I mean, if one hates Klein bicycles, which bicycle brand do the haters own then?

Nothing to do with what they own I suspect - more to do with what they ride.

:teeth:

What about somebody who likes to own Klein but has no interest in riding Klein?

Dont get me wrong i appreciate the craftmenship and nice colours (I own 4 of them) but my other bikes ride nicer. I have no interest in collecting as an 'investment' where's the fun in that?

clockd":2pnp5qxh said:
What about somebody who likes to own Klein but has no interest in riding Klein?

Dont get me wrong i appreciate the craftmenship and nice colours (I own 4 of them) but my other bikes ride nicer. I have no interest in collecting as an 'investment' where's the fun in that?

That is interesting, I only ride my titanium bikes now too. There is a different feel, even between aluminum manufacturers.

I'm completely indifferent towards Klein's.

They have a certain style, and for a little while back in the 90's I rather fancied a Mantra, but these days I'm pretty 'meh' about the whole brand.

Does that make me an in-Klein?

Kleins leave me cold, but then to a certain extent so do all "clever" paint jobs. Fats really arent that high on my radar either

Of course along with Merlins and the like, all three exist at a point in the market where there isn't really a "better", the quality is always there, stuff is just different, and you pay your (large pile) of money and take your choice

tintin40":11t6w72w said:
Anti-Klein

I had one of those when I was growing up.... On my dad's side. The kind that always embarrassed herself at weddings, and covered herself in gaudy make-up. Yet all the local blokes in the woods would go weak at the knees and doughy-eyed for her.... never could work it out myself

ez054098":11t6w72w said:
The Opposite of a Klein Lover?

Normal?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=273546
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=273151

G

Drop th I from their fork name: 'un-Klein'

I have one, its lovely but I will be selling it as I don't ride it. Nothing against them myself, just prefer my other bikes to ride, having a Klein to look at is a luxury I can no longer afford.

Back