Raleigh Special Product Division Ti

cshacks

Retro Newbie
Here's my first and only Ti Bike, bought when I was at Uni in around 1994

Raleigh Special Products Ti, frame was replaced when the chainstay snapped, so its a newer frame. Rockshox Sid XC

Hope Ti Glide Hubs, Hope Ti Dye Spoke, Mavi 217 SUP Sunset Rims,
Hope Ti Front Hub, one of the early batch no curved flanges, Simplon Ti spokes in the front wheel, XTR V's front and rear, Gripshift X Ray 8 Speed, shifter, XTR brake levers, Raleigh Ti Stem, Pace Sub RC130 Bars, USE Ti Seat post, WTB Ti Saddle, Hope Ti BB, Middleburn Cranks, Pace and Middleurn Chainrings, Xt 8 Speed Cassette, Gore Ride on Cables. Schwalbe Fast Fred Tyres, Continental Supersonic tubes

Weight 19.62lbs, No pedals...

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,400
I worked as a bike mechanic part time at a Raleigh shop in Sheffield, whilst i was at Uni and got a very good deal on the bike kitted out with Deore LX groupset, I sold all that and got the frame set for very little money. Also had an UGLI Ti Fork as well, which I still have somewhere.
The UGLI fork was rather springy for my liking the V brakes really bend the canti posts out.

I just happend to also work in a bike shop about 1/4 of a mile from the Hope factory during summer holidays so got some good Hope deals as well. (O:

I think I recognise that little Raleigh. Were you the chap who rode with Simon (tall, big nose) and Ailsa (short blond bird)? Chris maybe? You were quick on the hills (up).

Phil

Yup your right, ! Remember Big Nuts Rides ?
i definately wasn't fast on the downs, not enough weight, or maybe skill heh

God, this is like a cross between friendsreunited.co.uk and 'This is Your Life'! :LOL:

Nice bike BTW, always like the RSP stuff :cool:

Back