Islabike kids bikes?

I bought my lad (five) an Isla 16 last Christmas - managed to find one on ebay for £100. Massively impressed by the build quality and thought that goes in to them. Rides beautifully - basically a proper bike, just smaller - none of your nasty cheap mushy plastic brakes and so on. Would def. recommend them - he loves his. :)

My 4 1/2 year old son has a 16" Cnoc and it's a fantastic bike, very light and great components and he rides everything from trails to skate parks with confidence. For that size of bike I think it's the best choice to make.

Well thanks guys...I'm seeing a thumbs up for the isla bike! Xmas present ahoy! If anyone is selling a cnoc 14 let me know!

Doug

Yes, just get one. Have 3 currently.

So much better than any action man / cindy / barbie special you might get. As others have said probably works out cheaper long term given the bike will be saleable for a good price once your nipper has finished with it.

I've bought 2 bikes, so far, for my 2 kids. A Ridgeback MX-14 as a first bike for my oldest, and now still perfect for my youngest, and an Islabike Beinn 20S, which my oldest will soon outgrow. But once again the economics of buying decent bikes shines through, it will be perfect for my youngest, when he's big enough for it.

Both have been excellent and I'd personally go for another Islabike for my oldest, but he's taken with the idea of a BMX, so the next challenge will be finding a decent one for him.

Have to say I love the notion of decent bikes, that don't pander to whims or irrelevances, that are so well thought out and executed. They may not be the most enticing looking to kids, and the costs may seem steep, but either resale or reuse shows them to be pretty good value.

Thanks for all the thoughts an experiences, fortunately they echo my feelings so I think I'll be going for an Islabike!

Cheers

Doug

(And for the record... it def. wasn't me endo'ing and bunny hopping around the CEO in the office kitchen on my son's 16" last christmas... just in case anyone asks *cough*)

Latest posts

Back