Where is road traffic enforcement working?

Ian Raleigh":2etqsszq said:
You drive safely and have consideration to other road users your licence will never be endorsed

Difficult to agree with this. I personally have experience that suggests this is not the case. I once received a fine for running a red light that wasn't there, and almost had a speeding endorsement for exceeding a 30 limit that was obscured by overgrown vegetation.

Luckily I had noticed the camera going off on the second occasion and successfully challenged the ticket. On the first occasion I had no idea I had been snapped as it was bright daylight and by the time the letter arrived I was at the other end of the country and when my mate went to check the junction they had finished doing the roadworks that had been set up wrongly.

Basically drive enough and you will likely get some endorsements.

I do agree there is an element of discouragement from speeding though, I have had a few of those and am careful to limit myself from the more mental speeds now. Driving slow old 4x4s helps there, and splitting long journeys so we are never in a rush.

Funny I've been driving just under 20 years and have never had a point on my license or been stopped for anything or had a fine, I try to stick to speed limit's but have the odd moment when I think whoops :oops: and my hubby has always, when with me, said, 30 along here, 40 along here, just to make sure, but he has once been court by a hidden rozzer just after a roundabout when accelerating out of it he went over the speed limit. It's funny because he's soooo careful.

Alison

Back