benbonty's Feedback!

Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2eadc41a said:
Hi All

Worst decision I made in the past year or so on this site was to deal with Mr Bonty here, I wanted his Haro frame, so I asked if I could pay half now half in a week, ben said yes I could so I duly did this when I said I would. Ben sent me a reply saying will post early next week............. So the week after he said he would post it I contacted him................... Will send it out Thursday. I was going away on Monday with no way of getting anyone to collect it, so I asked for a refund.............I got told NO you can't have a refund it is booked and ready to go. I told him this is not my problem as you didn't post when you said you would. Things got a bit heated and he told me that he had booked guaranteed next morning delivery at extra cost so it would be there on Friday.........Well it didn't turn up and not on Saturday either.................So I refused delivery in a note on Monday...........After another 2 weeks haggling I finally got some of my money back minus £35 for delivery.

Also his entire attitude stinks he was rude and sarcastic from the outset of the problems. I will never deal with him again and would suggest neither do you.

Mark :twisted: :twisted:

i wish i had seen this before i bought some mags of Ben.

benbonty":2eadc41a said:
A very nice set of early Mag21 with the black Bontrager crown. Service before I bought them and used once since. The service included the addition of Enduro seals so that they can be run without boots (the boots are included in the sale). Paint is pretty good and stanchions show no wear, one of the rockshox decals is missing from the left hand leg but these are readily available. They have a 1" threaded steerer, the dimensions of which I will need to check this evening.

Photos show the fork test fitted with a KOOKA brace, this is no longer available and the fork will be supplied with the standard RockShox black brace.

I'm looking for £125 posted in the UK for these. NOW £110 posted UK

I paid in the middle of October and waited a while -maybe 2 weeks to get them - i wasnt in a rush as the frame they were to go on was going away to be repaired.

alas when the frame came back in January it was apparent that they had a horrendous air leak :( I've now managed to rob an airseal of another fork to fix the RH leg which would go flat in about a minute- unfortunately under 25 psi in each leg and a ride to the post office this morning both legs are leaking oil quite badly. money wasted and i need another set of mags to replace the "serviced one" i got ripped off royally for, my own fault for trusting and not checking immediately on receipt. Rude comms and uninterested in resolving the problems as he sold them untested and unused from the previous buyer and would chase him up.. which he didnt.

A long story, but bought some levers/shifters from Ben, which turned out to be 2 right-hand shifters.
Took 2 months and a dispute procedure to get a refund but got there in the end.

Ben's been a pleasure to deal with during this sale of his Saracen special edition. Cheers mate,top retro biker!

Chris

Re:

A+ seller, very recommended - he even let me off when i messed up the full payment. Will remember that next time you need something i have, mate!

I bought some thumbies from benbonty. His communication was excellent and they were well packed.

Cheers,
Pat

I bought some Ringle skewers. Quick shipping and nice communciation. Thank you very much, highly recommended.

Bought some middle burn cranks. So well wrapped, it nearly took me ten mins to get the packaging off. Took a while to get to New Zealand but got there in the end. I would trade again anytime. Cheers

Back