dingle/twingle speeds

I like that idea, would be helpful for me, if i rode to work, as i only need make about 20 pedal strokes to get there, but its a buggar coming home :?

So as i don't have to tax my brain by thinking about it, can you just tell my why you can't run a front mech? :oops:

right ride reports

on road:

have commuted on it for 2 weeks ish, works really well on the way to work, 42:18 exactly the ratio i need. on way home, first part fairly flat so stick to 42:18. first hill, steepish and about 3rd of a mile, power up in high gear. flat again so stick to it. next hill steep and about 3rd mile again, kick down to lower ratio. perfect. flat bit now, spin lower gear to let legs recover before long steepish slog. said slog is easy in 36:18. so far so good. now the last mile is flat so could really do with higher ration but cant change up without stopping.

conclusion:

works most of the time but bit annoying you cant change up without stopping, but the fact it is good most of the time means i'll stick with it.

off road:

36:18 is perfect for my local trails as it has a lot of short sharp ups and the same down. the rohloff tensioner is perfect, never skipped a beat, even on som nice rooty drops and down hills.

conclusion:

rohloffs are very very good.

I bodged one of those systems on the vintage bike above once, it did work on the bike stand but not when I rode it, needed way more fettling :LOL:

Re: .

Grannygrinder":adfs5ekm said:
So as i don't have to tax my brain by thinking about it, can you just tell my why you can't run a front mech? :oops:

There is a much simpler way to change gear, why would you want a front-mech & shifter??

10834450-chopped-fingers-1.jpg

:LOL:

finally got this working...

thank you to LGF for the noodle idea to get the front mech working properly

Trek_LGF_fix_zps595f5d65.jpg

Trek_LGF_fix-2_zpse18fc20e.jpg

and the rat bike herself...

Trek-Twingle_zpse4fd31cc.jpg

running 48/32 x 14

Back