Partial fork identification

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Got this partial fork uppers as part of a frame purchase. Not know what it is and the stanchions are in decent condition, so thinking this could be of some use if i can get some lowers perhaps and get it back together. Problem is that i haven't got a clue what it is. If i had to guess, i'm thinking it some sort of Rock Shox.

Steerer is a 1" threadless. Right leg has a tube rod that slides out and easily pushed back in. Other than that, what you see is what i got.

Thoughts???

Attachments

• DSC05915.JPG
    DSC05915.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC05911.JPG
    DSC05911.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC05913.JPG
    DSC05913.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC05910.JPG
    DSC05910.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 275
RockiMtn":3564a218 said:
i'm thinking it some sort of Rock Shox.

Thoughts???

Crown looks like a Judy, but it was air damped could be a Duke as they were air IIRC.

Carl.

It is a RockShox JUDY SL steerer/stanchion combo.
Damper is in one leg, dummy is in the other.
I guess you just need some lowers, some springs and something to put it on... How long is the steerer ?

so like on a 96 RM Vertex TO?

steerer is approx 207mm. it came with a large 20" Mantis Pro Floater.

Attachments

• DSC05882.JPG
    DSC05882.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 221
ishaw":1nx8498f said:
I'm sure its a Judy crown from 97 upwards.

I think it's a 1996 just like in the Vetex TO picture.
First year they had the bonded crown to stanchion. Damper end looks like that year, mind I can't quite remember the look of the 97s damper end without checking, possibly the same. One year was more angular in the crown again think that was 97, it's getting late though.
It's not 1998 onwards as the damper end where ribbed(not sure of the actual terminology).
I have all three sat next to each other so could check if really needed.

Back