'93 Scott Team Racing IS FINISHED ! !

Re: '93 Scott Team Racing is reborn

Cheers Uni ,
All done now bar brake cables which will be going on tonight ;)
Can't wait to get my supermarket Scott rolling !
To anyone wondering about the supermarket reference , it's 'cos it has Asda colour forks , Waitrose green stickers and CO-OP green bottle cage :facepalm: But I like some variation , just ask Mrs Muz ! :shock: :facepalm:
Mike :cool:

Nice project. I've got nearly the same bike, 90% original Parts. (Brakes and saddle) I think, this bike's from '92.

Pic for inspiration:
large_IMG_3724.JPG

Why did you fit the decals like they are? And more important: Why are they green? ;)

Greetings
Matthias

Looking good there mate ,
be time to get your grubby mits all over Paola soon ;)
Cheers Paul

That's a great looking bike you have there Thias . I had two sets of stickers made up , one green and another flouoro yellow . Decided on the green and as it wasn't original anyway - solid black as opposed to original metallic black - I thought why not ?

Hi Paul , I'll be out on the downs on it probably tomorrow night . Then I'm making a bee line for Paola . Chainset arrived for her today along with shifters you hate so much :LOL: Had to have 'em , they're red :facepalm:
Mike

"Hi Paul , I'll be out on the downs on it probably tomorrow night . Then I'm making a bee line for Paola . Chainset arrived for her today along with shifters you hate so much Had to have 'em , they're red "

Ha Ha ! maybe you will have better luck than me with them :D
Cheers Paul.

So near ... and yet so far :facepalm:
It seemed like such an easy job , fitting some brake cables . Half an hour tops . Three hours later , I gave up , frustrated . Couldn't get brakes to work . Cable from lever to stop , fine . After that , not so fine . Couldn't get them to pull together into the rim . There is no spring ajuster screw on Ritchey Logic cantis and whenever I tried to pull them , one was already on the rim , while the other was moving . However I ajdusted the cable , it made no difference . I'm using the cable hangers that Racer X is selling . Look good but not sure how to set them up . Anyone got any ideas ? Thanks , Mike . :(

Morning mike.

with the logic cantilevers, from memory they do not have any external adjustment to 'balance' one arm from the other, instead you have to tune them with the '3 holes' in the rear frame stay brake mounts or the front fork brake mounts using the spring in the brake caliper arm to determine the 'balance'

:? cant remember but think that one of the brake arms will have two spring hole positions where the spring sits in , adjusting this should also alter the spring. :)

good work mike, but meh! get that fisher built son, stop delaying.

Hi all ,
It's nearly there .
Had a busy week since last update . I've been cleaning , polishing , more polishing :roll: and putting it all together ..
Just need to make a few tweeks so it goes and stops -that's another story all on it's own ! - before it's fully retrofied .
Mike

Attachments

• grubby gear.jpg
    grubby gear.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • half polished.jpg
    half polished.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • f mech.jpg
    f mech.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,022
  • good gear.jpg