Univega AKA Moo Moo, Breaking news pg 6

Re: Univega AKA Moo Moo, Rebuilding begins page 2

:LOL: Thanks Mike, yup they were on nigel to see if the yellow would work with the decals, unfortunately it didn't , along with the year of manufacture being too new really for nigel, I think they suit and work better on moo moo anyway :)

yeti-man thanks dude , appreciated :)

kermitgreenkona88 cheered me up a little , thanks man :LOL:

michael franks thanks for the comments , she IS actually my favorite rider, I've travelled quite a lot with this bike over the years , its seen its fair share of action, I know its nothing fancy like the fats/kleins and suchlike, but she's a hoot to ride and dont think I'll ever sell her.

The sram mech was fairly straightforward to take apart , I took lots of step by step pictures to help with the reassemble , I'm currently just letting the paint harden (even though its been baked) then I shall reassemble and attempt a fit to moo moo, the white and black will work spot on with the current colour scheme.

Hi Ian ,
Did you self bake your mech when Mrs Universe was out towing broken down cars back home ! :LOL: what temp and for how long mate ? And did you also bake a nice PIE too ? Mike

Hi mike :D :LOL: no pie but yes I baked a lovely rhubarb crumble :) I had to drop the heat down a little for the bike parts however , I find 160 for about 30 minutes gives the best results :)

And Mrs U was actually at home at the time but I'd made sure she had plenty of wine down her before I suggested 'cooking' bike parts :oops: :LOL:

How about painting the underside of the BB pink for some udders? Nice!

She has actually got a pink underside ;)

But she does need some udders painting in :LOL:

What type of paint did you use for the parts you baked? The finish looks excellent. Really enjoying this thread and looking forward to seeing the end result complete with ride review :D

Hi Michael , thanks , the paint used was a satin White made up from the local car body parts place , nothing flash .

The key to the finish is getting the priming coat super flat and dirt and dust free, and then applying plenty of thin coats of colour, flating the paint back each time. :)

I can tell you it rides superbly ;)

More to come :)

Nearly there , really pleased with how she's looking :)

Had a quick spin out on her this morning and she feels fantastic with the new wheels on :) , I'd forgot how nice she really is in off road mode :)

I've really enjoyed getting back into my bikes again, time and work permitting I'm going to take her for a good thrash off road at the weekend and I'll post some pictures up :)

hopefully you guys like the rebuild :) , I certainly think she looks miles better with the new cranks and the few tweeks I've made.

I'll post some finished photos up when I've rebuilt the restored sram rear mech and fitted it, but for now here's a photos of how she stands :) , apologies for the dirt on her , I know she's a dirty cow..

Enjoy :)

Re: Univega AKA Moo Moo, new pictures page 4, nearly finish

Nice work Uni ,
is that rear mech held together entirely with e clips ? Looks really good . Especially like the pic of the stem in the oven ! But WHERE'S THE PIE/CRUMBLE ? ! :LOL:
Mike

Re: Univega AKA Moo Moo, new pictures page 4, nearly finish

Love it great work, get plenty of pics of it out on the trails!

Back