Help - will someone please stop me buying..................

Re: Help - will someone please stop me buying...............

Mr Panda":13na6jt9 said:
Now narrowed down to:

Disco TD5 of approx 2002/2003 vintage. Possibly older if in very good order.
Forestor Turbo, similar age
Hilux from mid - late 90s

Not looking to spend loadsa money as I have "other" cars - this is really just a snowmobile :xmas-big-grin:

I personally would take the disco or forester for all round winter driving. In a few inches of snow cover they will all perform the same, but, on patchy snow/ ice/ slush the permanent 4wd is more predictable. When it's patchy you cannot run in 4wd in the hilux without risk of transmission wind up on the clear sections and thus possible damage or it will not turn in as you expect if you risk it in 2wd the light back end on the hilux soon makes for interesting handling. We have had all 3 vehicles, manual diff lock 2001 disco, 2003 single cab hilux and 2005 forester. Disco best all round, forester most reliable, hilux........er, better with 300kg of sand in the back and not as reliable as you may think in d4d format and a bit gutless.
That's just my experience though.

images

selectable 4wd enough room to sling the bikes in the back and if you get stuck the rear seats fold down to make a bed :) what more do you want?

Well after all this time - still no purchase of a Disco :D

Looked at a cheap one last week but it was a dog - the owner seemed really pissed off I knew exactly where to look for all the EXTENSIVE rot :LOL:

She offfered me £200 off the asking price immedately and I ran a mile. It's still sitting (rotting) in her farmyard.

Front runner at the moment is the 2004 Sub Legacy 2.5 with new cyl head gasket and cambelt change (main dealer appros 6 months ago)

Whaddya think Scooby addicts?

EIN :!:

it's not a proper land rover unless it has leaf springs................. :LOL:

5434308827_70e298b1d4_z.jpg

Aye no (is that a contradiction in Scottish terms?)

My S2a dash............

:xmas-big-grin:

Welcome. Best kept secret!

I had an 'S' reg Outback 2.5. It was brillant, but i fear at some point it had lived by the sea :cry:

Ahh the rolling thunder of the waves and screeching of terns overhead all within walking discance of a decent chippy. Small price to pay :xmas-big-grin:

S till
U sable
B ut
A ll
R usty
U nderneath

Back