My kona lava dome :)

Nobby-91

Retro Newbie
Hi all i new to all this so please bear with me basicly my uncle gave me. Bike 2day all i know about it is its a kona lava dome is there anything i need to know about these bike i have posted a pic to c what u guys think of what iv got. Ohh and i need a few things for it, seat steam, seat erm haha i cant think hat else now any info very much aprecated thankyou in advance :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 360
Re: My new bike

Hi mate, welcome, you wanna edit your post header to include 'kona lava dome' and you'll get a few knowledgeable chaps along pretty soon, probably more than one with 'al' in their name!

There's a magazine scan section on this site. Go look for the 1993-1996 Kona catalogues, all the details you need are in there. From memory, it's a 1996, but I'm not 100%.

Yep it's a '96 (looks like a 19" frame) and you need a 27.0mm diameter seat post (not the more common 27.2mm).

Having said that (about the seatpost) I'm using a 27.2 in my '98 Lava Dome with no problems. It should be a 27, but the extra .2 doesn't seem to hinder the fit, it goes up n down just fine. 27.2s are much easier to get hold of, even if it's just to get you on the road.

Thanx for replys guys. Erm the head stock bearings were batterd beyond recognition does any1 know what size they are, when i took them out they just fell to peices, even the cage just fell apart :(

Ohh an also sorry about all these stupid questions but tue bike isent at mine so i cant just run out and check what sort of rear sprocket because iv seen screw type and another type so i ent too sure :(

Latest posts

Back