1992 Kamikaze Cannondale Tandem

Adroit #1

Dirt Disciple
I’ve been besieged with requested for pictures, details and serial numbers! Lol. Who knew some old bikes would interest somebody other than me! LOL
So while I was snapping pics and getting old crap down out of the rafters in the garage I figured I’d take a few of my old tandem since I had to get it out of the way. I built this back in the day to display the Kamikaze and Interbike.
Because we were displaying it a lot, we wanted the purple (everybody was crazy for it) to pop. SoI stripped and polished the cranks (which were blue), an old Klein Mission control and some other bits I had laying around and sent the whole batch out for anodize.
The particulars: 1993ish Cannondale Tandem , Original HED Carbon reinforced downhill wheels built on Attack hubs, Cooks cranks, Odyssey Black widow pro pedals, Orig XRAY grip shift, XTR derailleur’s and running on the same set of Klein Deathgrip tires.
20 years later, it is still a blast to ride, but now with my 10 year old as the stoker.

Attachments

• tandem deathgrips.JPG
    tandem deathgrips.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Tandem 4.JPG
    Tandem 4.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Tandem 3.JPG
    Tandem 3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Tandem 2.JPG
    Tandem 2.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Tandem 1.JPG
    Tandem 1.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,230
  • tandem mc.JPG
    tandem mc.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,167
They look like beam-breakers up front - does that mean it actually gets used for sprints & hillclimbs?

Oh, and gorgeous 'Dale too :)

Those are called "quick jacks" On the race cars of the 60's, they were lifted for tire changes and service using a motorcycle style lever lifts that fits in the slot.

Nice one!
When talking about tandems I allways wandering about cranks... Are those are dedicated for tandem using? I mean threads for pedals are correct or You just use standard 3 right cranks / pedals and one left?

skolioza,

Yes sir, it costs you three right arms and a left to build a tandem!! and an extra set of pedals.

Funny I came across the spare arm in a box the other day. Its so pretty Im going to make something out of it!

It actually stops ok, so long as your not going 45mph down hill with a 200lbs stoker....
Ive always wanted to do discs

Back