Deciphering Klein S/N

jmazpiazu":1djla0af said:
mkozaczek":1djla0af said:
Thanks. Do you know if your bike originally sold in Europe?

I think so.
It came from Germany and, as far as I know, it belonged to the same owner for the last 20 years.

Makes sense as it's a 1991 and yet still has a box fork, not common in the states.

Frame #1447
Fork #1334

This is a great project Martin!

Just let me know when you want MC2 numbers or numbers from other Klein bikes. :)

mkozaczek":6v33jw3e said:
Makes sense as it's a 1991 and yet still has a box fork, not common in the states.

Frame #1447
Fork #1334

Thanks for the input, Martin.

I will post the s/n of my MC1 Adroit asap.

mkozaczek":2kfynyu2 said:
Frame #1400 that starts with A is not Attitude #1400, but the 1400th Attitude made in 1991 and so on.

How many Attitude have been made each year ? Around 2000 ?
I didn't think that Klein made a so big production. Or perhaps, the serial number is not only for a-Attitude but for both Attitude and Adroit . Just the first letters change…

I can see on my girlfriend's Pinnacle serial number…

mkozaczek":3t47juf4 said:
Thank you all.

What I really need now are 1992 Attitude S/Ns and some 1992 / 93 Adroit S/Ns

I'm really hoping that an MC1 Adroit will be waiting when I return from Italy tomorrow; or delivered in the next couple of days.

I'll post some pics of the bike and serial number.

It's not often there's something to look forward to after returning from holiday. ;-)

Up to 140 serial numbers.

Keep 'em coming guys.

Especially interested in 1994 MC2 Attitudes and Adroits now. I'd consider some early pulses as well. Trying to figure out when the gradient frames hit the market.

Don't want to steal your thread, but bumped into something which might be interesting as well, in case you didn't know yet...

Was transferring brakes from a MC2 to a MC1 bike and saw that i had to re-adjust the pads, although it were the same canti's and wheels...

As you can see, the brakesbosses on a MC2 are closer to each other than on a MC1, but not all MC1's....

I measured a Strata and a UniKlein from 93 and they were the same as the MC2. Strata in the '91 Backfire is the same as the MardiGras though.

It's only 5 to 6mm, but still.

Attachments

• MC1.jpg
    MC1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 744
  • MC2.jpg
    MC2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 744
  • Strata-MC1.jpg
    Strata-MC1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 744
jmazpiazu":378nvywu said:
I won´t be able to get my Adroit data until November as I´m abroad and I have no pictures taken to serial numbers. Sorry.

Adroit backfire 1991:

fxw27k.jpg

Fork serial number: AR001

14id0t2.jpg

Rear dropout serial number: A0032

3163n1j.jpg

Back