'93 Scott Team Racing IS FINISHED ! !

Re: '93 Scott Team Racing is reborn

Hi Ian
TBH I didn't know a short cage mech could work with an mtb set up ! Like the look of yours , is it for sale mate ? I'm too long in the tooth to be easily offended , always listen to ideas .
Mike

As for the seat post: a beer can have a wall thickness of 0.1 mm. So you could cut a piece of beer can and use it as a shim around the seat post. On my road bike I use a Campagnolo seat post of 27 mm diameter and a shim from a beer can, because it was hard to find a seat post with 27.2 mm diameter.
Anyway: nice bike, but consider replacing the rear mech to an older type (I think that M732 would be better).
I have a Scott catalogue from '93, I can check the factory setup of the bike, if you want.

Morning mike. :) cheers , you can run a short cage mech as long as the maximum sprocket size is no more than 30teeth although shimano specify 28teeth, I've run short cages up to the 30t with no issue:)

The m732 was replaced by the 735 so a 732 mech would not be period correct, check out the mombat site for the shimano timeline ;)

Mike the mech pictured is not for sale as it's nos, and is destined for another build but I do have another which might be for sale but is not quite as mint, drop me a mail if you fancy a change ;)

Anyway carry on ;)

Hi one and all ,
Just a quick update as I'm waiting on stuff to arrive . Managed to find a seat post the right diameter , 26.2 , on ebay . Was 20mm shorter than advertised but was thankfully just long enough .
Also got brake levers and XT pods on , but waiting for grips .

I have an XT M735 rear mech and an M736 front mech coming my way , so when they arrive , I can finish this bike off and try it out . Lokking forward to that day lads and lasses ! ;)
Mike :cool:

Attachments

• Scotts seat post.jpg
    Scotts seat post.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 687
  • levers.jpg
    levers.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 687

Cheers Mr C ,
I'm liking the look of it I have to say . Can't wait to see my riding buddys' face when I turn up on it . He rides a rigid chinese carbon 1x9 piece of poo ! :LOL:
Looking forward to seeing how you get on with that Saracen of yours . Mike

:cool: :D Liking that lots, the paint looks great in the light, nice 'cough' ritchey post there too :) , pull your finger out and get it finished, cant wait to see the final build :cool:

IT MUST BE CHRISTMAS !
Got back to depot today to find two mechs and grips waiting for me . All I need to finish it off . Will be heading for the white spirit cleaning tub when I get home !
Hey Ian , any tips for taking my rear 735 mech apart easily ? Without hurting myself :facepalm:
Mike

Hi mike , Great news on the parts arriving, bet your buzzing :)

I'd be pleased to help you on the mech , I have to take mine apart again , as it was a dry build and will need to regrease and rebuild for the final build.

I will take some step by step pictures and send you a link , maybe tonight or tomorrow ;)

Latest posts

Back