Let's see everyone's twisted (or wrapped) spokes!

digitalkreation

Retro Guru
Of all the topics I've seen posted, I haven't seen this one yet. Back in the day, I had a bike (not worth mentioning) and I had the spokes wrapped (or twisted, whatever your preference in calling the technique) and I absolutely loved the look. I'll be getting another wheelset done soon with my next build. But I'm curious to see who's got this look going on out there, and on which bikes.. Let the fun begin!

Here's one of mine:
file.php

Do a Google search on the site for 'Snowflake' and you'll get a few threads on this, including one great thread which shows you how to build them.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94277

Heres mine, and unusually both wheels are Snowflaked, as to strength and ridgidity i have encountered no problems so far:D

Attachments

• Clockwork%20006.jpg
    Clockwork%20006.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 573
No longer mine, they are now with a new owner ;) now, but these are the ultimate snow flaked wheels. Clark Kent Pineapple front & rear.

Attachments

• DSC_1130.jpg
    DSC_1130.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 553
My part finished Yeti (as it was at the time) with Snowflakes .....that alot of people hated

Attachments

• ARC with Judy.jpg
    ARC with Judy.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 519
I too had "snowflaked wheels" bitd, I never had any issues with them, always thought they looked "kewl" :cool:

Here's a more recent set of snowflaked wheels...

2013-01-07172132.jpg

My green machine from 1993 proper wannabe budget tricked out, snowflaked on the front only.

check out those drilled cranks too!

RBG

thegreenmachine.JPG

Back