1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the 1991 Scott , rebuild starts page 4

Little update on the build, I decided that the new Xt rear mech I bought for nigel , should really be reserved for another build I have planned, so time to renovate a slightly more used one.

quite a few bits n pieces in this one.

I've made a start on polishing the 'knuckle' part first.

Little more progress update.

Decided to replace the normal steel mech bolt with a rather shiny alloy one :)

Shimano Xt mech , cleaned , polished/reassembled now fitted.

Thanks Exeter man, I like to reuse where ever possible :)

Hey Ian ,
I'm not surprised you didn't wanna sell that mech , can't wait to see finished bike now . BTW what wheel skewers are those ? My standard Shimano ones foul on the - albeit temporary - M737 rear mech . Mike :oops:

The skewers look very much like Ritchey Lightning Rods to me ;) :cool:

Hi mike , I'm pleased kermitgreenkona88 stepped in because I was unsure about the model of skewers , I did found out that they were 'ritchey' branded ones, I know one thing, I'm unsure If I trust them as they weigh nowt :shock: :?

Rebuild is coming on nicely , managed to do a little shopping for those last few remaining items :)

Lovely scott bar, I think it'll look nice :) unsure on the year though, certainly not a modern bar so I'll settle for that ;)

This was hard to find, I managed in the end to gather this through ebay de :)

Not as clean as I'd hoped (or described :() but will try and restore it If at all possible, If anyone has any tips on how to restore a seat then I'd appreciate your feedback :)

Another little purchase from germany was these old school scott grips :)

Phew!! nearly there.

Re: 1991 Scott Pro Racing , restoration starts page 4

Shifting duties sorted , old school ;)

Two final parts to source, headset and front mech.

Headset I'm still unsure of what to do, I could keep the one in as I believe it may have been original to the bike, but it does not seem to fit snug evenly, though its running smooth, think there may be a part missing or parts assembled in the wrong order ?

And a front Xt mech to find :facepalm:

I am off to the mothers on Monday where i have an old bike in her shed it might be possible there is a front xt mech on it. I will check and let you know

Thanks andy , that would be great, it needs to be a bottom pull type and band size of 28.6mm , give me a shout if you can help me out :) ;)

Back