Re: New Purchase: 1992 Cannondale M700- First Impressions

Nice, I have had many C'dales over the years and this looks nice and verry correct except the brake pivots.There was only two versions of this from cannondale;

file.php

DV1000Brake.JPG

actually I think I have two Force 40 and the old pulley system in one of my boxes... I'll check if you like (I don't have that frame/fork anymore that requires this system)

Thanks Yeti-man, the force 40s are nice looking little units. I'm in no rush for them yet but might be interested :)

I remember drooling all over a cannondale like this bitd at freewheel at notts, think it was a M2000 ? or M1000 not sure , but it was the same colour, truly beautiful , I think a 'dale' is going on the list :)

Great bike mate, love it :)

Thanks Mr Universe! That's exactly where I used to ogle Cannondales and other MTBs, Freewheel in Notts! I did my work experience there :D Also used to ride over to Leisure Lakes in Derby to check out the Proflexes!

:)freewheel used to have some lush stuff in , is it still
On the go ?

I worked in a bike shop (well was a motorbike shop for honda too ) ironically selling proflex , fusion,kona and Klein's bitd , but the cannondales were still my favourite for some reason :)

Yeah they're still going, I moved city about 10 years ago now but I look in when I visit my favorite pub just around the corner from there (the Old Angel). The last time was about 7 or 8 months ago now but seemed about the same, can't remember who they stock now though, I remember being surprised but that's all!

Two thumbs up mate!
'92 M700 has a special place in my heart since it was my 1st proper mtb.
The paintjob is very nice indeed and Deore thumbies with SS7 brake levers was a cool upgrade from Deore LX STI combo (which I had in my previous bike, horribly clunky).

I remember drooling over M2000 but couldn't afford it and the LBS owner talked me away from M1000 (he disliked Suntour parts), so I chose the M700 and was a very happy chap.

Here's my brand-spanking-new M700 in 1992

Great story and pic Archangel! It was a pretty fetching paint scheme back then wasn't it. I like the thumbshifters too, and along with the nice long flat bar it really looks and feels so right to me.

Latest posts

Back