Eroica's coming to the UK

Never mind the Italians - what about us Norn Irish? And we can bring our own rain!!

As a matter of interest, and i am sure someone knows, if this is a sportive with a fancy name, why could i not organise an event? Are their costs involved - public liability insurance or similar?

I am planning the L'Irishotica du Nord - it will be a smart occasion with Guinness stops regularly and some cake/burgers or our golden Irish pasties frequently. Participants are encouraged to bring a bike but it is not an entry requirement - the route will be in the form of a town centre criterium (or pub crawl as it is termed here) and will be open to all. Cost (not including food or drink) - £0; including food and drink £100+ per day!!

Apply now to avoid disappoinment,

Richard

daj":5t3u5oof said:
If you want retro bikes , great company and free entry come along to Retrobike's very own Cotswold outing on November 2nd :cool:

nicely said dave, but as we both know it is a combination of the same 8 to 10 riders who come to the retro road rides .with plenty of others moaning about the cost of the eroica on the thread,is it not about time we see some of you? I guess it is easy to talk a good ride

TGR":cbidwx3v said:
Where are the Costwolds? What is the nearest airport?

Richard

They don't need to be near an airport, just get out of the plane, collect your bike and start pedalling ;)

Thanks - i need a plane or boat to start!!!! As i am always short of time, cycling to the event would not be a good option unless is it about 2 miles!!!!

I am guessing this is the south of England so which London airport would be best?

Richard

Thanks for that - it appears i may have to get on my bike from any of the airports.

Richard

TGR":1igyk3tf said:
I am planning the L'Irishotica du Nord - it will be a smart occasion with Guinness stops regularly and some cake/burgers or our golden Irish pasties frequently.

Now you see, that sounds interesting and could well attract the masses from all corners of the globe. Could it be more like a stage race (I mean tootle obviously) with that criterium thingy each night? Really would separate the men from the boys by day 21.

Thanks for the support - i do, however, suspect that Day 2 might be the problem - a Time Trail - could prove messy!!

Richard

I'm going to try and make it to the Cotswold ride as it's the nearest for me. So hope to see you there.
I'll be comming into Stansted Richard and renting a car, so I could pick you up from there if you want.

Latest posts

Back