Show us what you did today, thread

been busy sorting cars and motorbikes all weekend bu i found a little time to fit my new ck headset,easton stem and raceface bars today :cool: just need to fit my new turbines and purple chainring .

going to start building the ragley soon :)

love the bell and matching knog lights - you did miss the rotors though, another purpletunity there. Looks great with the black.

Shame purple doesnt equate to ultra light, that bike of Ecks is heavier than a heavy thing on a high gravity planet :shock:

Cheers tk ;) I'm thinking about some superstar purple rotors , I did see a set of tiedye spokes too :LOL:

It's fairly light Velo , honest :LOL:

clubby":3bcyc9n7 said:
It won't steer like you think it should. It just takes some adaptation. Have you ever ridden a motorbike?
Bingo! I was out tonight for the first time, and that's it. Don't know if it would have occurred to me on my own mind :)

So, first impressions? Bad points - front end is too low (26er fork, 29er frame), so the BB has dropped quite a bit. Had a couple of pedal strikes where I wouldn't have normally. There may need to be a 29 specific fork in my future. Front-end grip is ridiculous, even in the wet, and it's going to require a bit of mental adjustment on my part. The Endo dealt with small roots really well, however I felt it a bit slippy when hitting the bigger ones at an angle that wouldn't bother a normal tyre. Maybe that's just me, I know there's no ideal tyre for roots. I suspect I may need to drop the pressure a bit more too.

Didn't miss suspension too much, although most of my local trail is green laning. I think the fat tyre probably works better on small bumps than a fork, although on repeatedly bumpy stuff, it reverts to rigid-type and things get boingy - understandable I suppose, no damping.

Overall, really enjoyed it. Bit of a drag on the climbs (no surprise there), but it maintains speed well and cornering ability is now off the chart. Me likey.

I have a surly rigid fork that came on the KM seems pretty wide but not sure if it would be big enough??? welcome to borrow it if you want just think it might be some time before I could hand it over in person what with my lack of retro meet action.

Larry tyre might be a better choice, you can do a swapsy for the endo next time your over or vice versa if I'm over your way. Alternatively for max gnarly grip but noticeably more drag I have a Nate tyre aswell.
Glad you like it. The fork works well on my slowly dragging forward 29er project as it has a long steerer and is not suspension corrected. You should keep an eye out for a Decathlon Triban Trail 5 or 7 frame, estay model, as I've said before you can get a 29 x 2.5" in the back of one of those, its disc tabbed and has plenty clearance from deck with the fat forks.

This is an example on ebay at the moment: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hybrid-bike-D ... 978wt_1170

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi guys
Looks like lots of local rides for everyone going on at the moment, but whens the next bigger style get together?
Heres a clip from a local ride near to me. I had a ride out on Sunday evening. A short section of coastal trail then just follow the sheep tracks round the shore and cliffs.
Hopefully we can have a get together soon.

Jamie
https://vimeo.com/76472858

Back