New Project

vonhoolio":8c2r4gbk said:
cool thread :) As a builder of several cars I can appreciate the urge to get stuck in and pull it apart.
Jas

It's a bit easier than 5 linking a Cortina I can tell you.

Right frame is a now smaller 21" and it has some stops brazed on for the cables. Just need to do the stays now. I think the frame survived this long due to all the oil inside it (the fires out now);

coomber":zjrz3ant said:
Love it.

What is your brazing set up? Torch etc?

I use a Rothenberger Mapp torch and Silver Solder. The mapp runs about 100 degrees hotter than propane and melts 40% silver solder easily. It is hot enough to melt brass brazing rods but it's at its limits. Its not hot enough to break brazed joints though. I tend to use a combination of brazing (on dropouts) and silver soldering (for lugs).

pauln":1u4ifwzq said:
coomber":1u4ifwzq said:
Love it.

What is your brazing set up? Torch etc?

I use a Rothenberger Mapp torch and Silver Solder. The mapp runs about 100 degrees hotter than propane and melts 40% silver solder easily. It is hot enough to melt brass brazing rods but it's at its limits. Its not hot enough to break brazed joints though. I tend to use a combination of brazing (on dropouts) and silver soldering (for lugs).

Thanks for letting me know. All good to store for future reference.

How did I miss this thread? Arguably the most insane project seen here for sometime. Good luck!

AFTERTHOUGHT: How many Carbon frames say 30 years from now could be rescued from a tree and shrunk?

nice one paul....i'm sure we can sort paint :)
i take it this one's a keeper?

ever thought about buying something and NOT modding it? ha ha!!

Damn cool thread :!: :idea: :facepalm:

As a builder of several cars I can appreciate the urge to get stuck in and pull it apart...

:cool:

Back