Mr Pandas Road Run Reprise

This seems to have disappeared off the radar somewhat.
Not a great love for roadie action in MacRetro land obviously which was evident from the turnout for the national !

Only 4 have shown an interest so far and its a fair distance to travel if no one turns up.

Unfortunately I can now only make the weekend of 26/27 October due to yet another gymnastics event the previous weekend ....

Now now, thats perchance a tad unfair. Yes I was disapointed at the national turnout but huge turnouts at the road rides throughout retrobike land have not been big either. Retrobike originally started as mtb oriented but members with roadbikes made inroads and now the roadbike section exists but it is still quieter than the mtb sections. There are numerous other well established outlets for roadbiking such as the CTC that probably swallow most old school roadies since an old road bike can often still cut it with modern kit as roads ridden are stilltarmac regardless of the bikes era.
There will be other road rides, there are keen road riders on here its just the dates an locations that suit more than a couple have not meshed yet.

Just go for a date and see who's interested - take things from there. I'm all over the place with stuff at the moment and currently can't do weekend of 26/27th :|

Anyone able to do a midweek run? :D

Velo , I wasnt aiming my comments at anyone and it wasnt a critisism , just an observation.

Mr P , I only get 2 weekends off every 5 weeks and most of the time I'm engaged with family stuff so I'm not really in a position to propose a date for a ride. I just thought it would be nice to have another go at what was a good day out after the rain went off.

I've just popped over from the darker side of the forum (road section) first time I've been allowed out of there so be gentle with me.

I would be up for a road run but it all depends on dates and if I am available on the day, I also think there could be another one or two in the road section who might possibly join in. I will keep watching this thread for updates

Hello darksiders, MacRetro is open to anyone, not just the mtb crowd, keep peeking in, roady stuff does happen from time to time.

I'd consider another circuit of Arran, a good run and closer to the central belters.

Arran looks reasonable, 55 mile loop and a couple of climbs

Attachments

• Arran_elevation.png
    Arran_elevation.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 321
  • Arran_Loop.png
    Arran_Loop.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 321
Back