Eroica's coming to the UK

Shame.

I suspect it will be a flop at that price. The retro scene in the uk isn't big enough to ask that price.

The etape caledonia costs about the same but it is on closed roads with a very wide window for the rolling closure (12mph from the last start time), you can see where the money goes for that, and I guess they make the event organisers profit too. Riding closed roads is worth every penny, but if the roads are open that is a tad overpriced.

If you want retro bikes , great company and free entry come along to Retrobike's very own Cotswold outing on November 2nd :cool:

daj":1fu8k0zn said:
If you want retro bikes , great company and free entry come along to Retrobike's very own Cotswold outing on November 2nd :cool:

^ this :cool:

Rather than perhaps moan about this can the retrobike management seek to strike some sort of deal?

I'd have thought they'd want the support of this community.

Is it worth seeing if we can get a retrobike members discount code?

I did message the organiser via their Facebook page last week for a press release (which at that point was the only contact I could find) - nothing back as yet.

John":61rcn2a8 said:
I did message the organiser via their Facebook page last week for a press release (which at that point was the only contact I could find) - nothing back as yet.

There must be a contact on their Webpage. See what you an do as I am sure they'd want people like us to support the event.

£70 would be fair enough for closed roads but this is a retro sportive on open roads so I'd expect about £30-40.

Otherwise of course the roads are open ... What would the French or Italians do in this situation?

If we turn it around, how many retro loving Italians will willingly cough up the entrance fee, make their way to the UK along with vintage bike, be tempted by the Tesco's "Italian" fare and want to bask in the glorious horizontal pissing rain?

:facepalm:

Back