Project Omega! Vitus tubing, custom Campag groupset

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View

I knew this would happen. Project Omega is complete but it is too good for me so it's gotta to go rather than just sit in the shop looking pretty! It has covered about 1 mile since completion.

This is the build thread for it: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=180340&hilit=omega

I contacted Mark Reilly (Master builder at Enigma cycles now) to see if he could recall anything about this build, he told me "That’s a very early frame, most likely 1994, back then I used mainly Vitus tubing. The lugs are Long Shen 300 series, arrowhead. Still use them now, lovely!"

The frame is lovely with the distinctive lugs and paint job. The paint does have a few marks here and there but nothing that detracts from the overall build. It's a stunner and the main talking point in the shop.

Groupset is a custom polished and engraved variety of Campagnolo. This engraved parts are exclusive to me and this bike was a bit of an experimentation as to what could be done. For example the engraved script on the rear mech is unlikely to be repeated as it is far too expensive. Full spec is listed below.

Very hard to price this as it is so unique. I think £750 is reasonable + insured postage. I will post internationally as I can see this beauty rolling along the Florida keys perfectly :)

Full spec:

Size: 55.5cm x 56.5cm (c-t x c-c)

Frame: Omega - Vitus tubing
Fork: Omega Straight

Headset: Campagnolo Chorus
Stem: Cinelli XA 120mm
Handlebar: Cinelli Giro D'Italia
Tape: Deda Purple

Calipers: Campagnolo CDA Delta - Polished and engraved face plates (reminiscent of the original prototype Delta brakes)
Ergo Shifters: Campagnolo Veloce 8 speed - Polished + new hoods

Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus
Saddle: New Selle Italia Flite 1990

Front derailleur: Campagnolo Centuar - de-badged and lightly polished
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Veloce - polished and engraved with Campagnolo script

Cassette: New Campagnolo Record 8 speed 13-23
Bottom Bracket: Token sealed with Carbon shell
Crankset: Campagnolo C-Record - polished and engraved
Chainrings: Campagnolo 39, 53 - New 10 speed Athena

Pedals: Not included
Hubs: Campagnolo Veloce
Rims: Rigida DP18
Tyres: Continental Supersonic Grand Prix

Hi Tel

What on earth is going on with that front brake wheel guide :?: :facepalm: :LOL:

Lovely bike perfect build (but it is not quite Carling :LOL: )

kermitgreenkona88":54n74xza said:
What on earth is going on with that front brake wheel guide :?: :facepalm: :LOL:

Trust you to notice! Sorted straight after pics were uploaded to the pc! What was I thinking eh!!? :oops: Just waiting for me to take new pics so that I can get it on eBay....

As nice as it is I've got a feeling it's going to take a while to sell; it's reasonably expensive and a bit of a marmite build.

All parts sold. Just the frame remaining which I'm kinda reluctant to let go but for £250 it could be yours....

Had this message whilst the Omega was listed on eBay:

"This is not really a question but I have to tell you the spray job is unique too it was done by my husband Steve Tomkins - Fineline Sprayco also known as Fineline Finishes there will never be the same frame finish on anything else."

Back