Ringlé straight pull hubs. Help on year and setup

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,
I got mysef a nice set of Ringlé silver straight pull spoke hubs from the bay. They are on the way in the post for me now... Thrilled to see them!

These hubs are made for running the spokes upside down (nippes at hub side).

Do any of you know what year they were made? They look like they could be part of a concept wheel considing that the rim needs to be drilled for an 2.0 "nippel" and not the ordinary 4,5mm to go with an nippel. I have found a few pics on the net. But cant really figure out whats a more original application of the hubs...

Attachments

• Ringle 1.JPG
    Ringle 1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 695
  • Ringle 2.JPG
    Ringle 2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 695
I believe they were sold as a complete wheelset in 97, but not sure about this. I might have a magazine with an ad of them in it. If I can find it I'll let you know.

Very very cool btw... ;)

Thanks. Would appreciate a pic if you find the old mag.

I though they were a bit earlier... like 94-5.

I have them in the plan for my Klein quantum road bike. Will mill the rearhub axel and end cap 5mm down to fit the 130mm spacing. Considering rims at the moment. Might go with some Head-like carbon rims.. but I need to fine some rims that is drilled with 2,1mm so I can run the straight pull upside down without any need for spacers/bushings on the rimside... So It may not be that easy...

mkozaczek":155w77ti said:
What's the drilling on the front hub? 20?

Here is an 18/28 on an ARC-AS I just built.

http://www.secondspincycles.com/2013/10 ... shoot.html

WOW! This is amazing. Absolutely love it! And must i say - the Ringlé/Hed wheels looks stunning on it.

The Drilling on my hubset (witch is NOS by the way) is 20/28. I would have liked a 20/24 drilling if I could have found it, as it is intended for my road bike. But if I go a bit lover on the profile on the rims (eg. 38mm) I think it will look good.
Do you have any mores specs on your wheels. What kind of spokes? And special bushings in the rims or nippels in both ends?

Ti bladed spokes, regular nipples as best as I can tell.

I had all the parts from previous wheel builds, this is my 2nd pair like this so I don't know the brand or whatever.

Ti bladed spokes! Sounds nice. I cant say that I have stumped over anything ti in straight pull... Can you see if anything is stamped in the spoke heads?

Thanx Pete.
Yes, one year only, 1997.
They need a spoke with the elbow cut off and a threaded portion at each end.
Building is easy, finding the rims. . . isn't.
The factory build wheels, the "Ti stix" wheels were indeed built with ti bladed spokes.
I actually still have this harlequin set available. There may be some pictures here that help you get the idea:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back