MacRetroClan Gathering Aftermath....

tintin40":2s3bxsyl said:
Only one front suser :D Now I know what 'kaiser' looks like :D You had good weather too

Yes I expected him to look like noddy holder :)

My favouite bike of the day had to be gaz's clockwork, it was sweet and brought back loads of memories of lusting after them in the shops.

Velo's bike just kept screwing up the exposure on my camera, I had to lighten all the photos to compensate - a true 80's paintjob. :cool:

The Ken":xfnc9m6h said:
tintin40":xfnc9m6h said:
Only one front suser :D Now I know what 'kaiser' looks like :D You had good weather too

Yes I expected him to look like noddy holder :)

It should be noted that I have a one of those comedy bellies in those 2 pics.

Those pictures are bloody awful :oops: , makes us all look like a bunch of ageing, half-wits on a day out from the funny farm (think one flew over the cuckoo's nest) :LOL:

Only kidding, a top day out with some great guys, have a few very poor action pictures to post here when I work out how to get them off my feckin' phone.

Weather was great and the trail was brilliant- Highly recommended, best bit was the looks of amazement, pity, and sometimes derision we got from the youngsters at the top of spooky woods which was was more than made up for by the admiration that we got at the bottom when we all got down in one piece and in some cases faster than the boing brigade. (Much respect to downhilldave and his kamikaze old school leg out stylie)

Rigid bike rocks but my wrists are now F*@ked- each key stroke is painful :? so would prob. go with a bit of front bounce next time.

Great bikes- loved the GT, looking forward to next Macretro meet- thanks velo for getting some old gits together for some mt bike fun. :cool:

Got the saddle just for you Pickle, you'll be glad to hear that my arse is now very sore, that orange flite does look nice but is not very forgiving :shock:

Looks like a good day out chaps - some nice retro rides on display also :D

some really piss poor pics from my phone, just after the now infamous Glentress crash incident :shock:

Attachments

• Photo-0273.jpg
    Photo-0273.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,196
  • Photo-0274.jpg
    Photo-0274.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,196
  • Photo-0275.jpg
    Photo-0275.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2,196
  • Photo-0276.jpg
    Photo-0276.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,196
Their not that bad. My phone would have been worse. Good to see bikes frozen in motion pictures

Those pictures are bloody awful , makes us all look like a bunch of ageing, half-wits on a day out from the funny farm

Yep...sounds like the average Retrobike ride to me ;) Have you seen the pics/video from our Chicksands meet?

A nice selection of Retro bikes you guys had there, not a full-suss or disc brake in site :cool:

The Ken said he'd scout out an old XC race circuit in the Sidlaw hills north of Dundee for MacRetro 2 possibly in late summer, about september.

Both the Ken and Davedownhill have raced there in the dim distant past. This should be a good BITD session for us oldsters.....more posts in the future so keep your eyes peeled !

Cheers

Velomaniac

Back