Bottom bracket help

brett

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, I'm new here and need some help, I have just resurrected my 97 M-TRAX 1000 for commuting to and from work. I changed the the crankset, chain and rear cassette, during this I found the bottom bracket was rough and noisy. The original is a BB LP25 and i was thinking of replacing it with a BB UN26E as all the dimensions look correct but it appears that on the old one the drive side is plastic threaded and on the BB UN26E it is the opposite way round. Does anyone know of a direct replacement or equivalent for the BB LP25??

In their wisdom Shimano swapped BBs around a bit. However, all you actually need on the bike of this age is the bottom bracket shell width (68 or 73mm) and the length of the axle which is 110mm or 113mm I suspect. If you let me know the crankset (assuming Shimano) I can tell you the required axle length. The part number will start FC-

UN26 of the same dimensions would be a fair replacement: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... -prod34652

SP

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have replaced the original alivio crankset with the current alivio fc m410. The original bb is a 113 mm spindle and 68 mm shell.

I was more concerned about the fixed threaded side now being on the opposite side to the original and if it would cause any alignment issues.

Back