Deciphering Klein S/N

BoyBurning":3htjl6iq said:
That's 'Flare' red, not 'Flame', and if you want to swap your MC1 bar / stem combo give me a shout!BB.

I don't know why i put Flame, i know its Flare and the MC1 is cut down and has fading and would stay with the bike anyway. Now if you've got a cheap box fork.....

Very informative post.

My 1991 22” Team Attitude with box fork and outline decals has the following serial numbers:

eqyp1v.jpg

A0536 for the fork

2vudjxz.jpg

A5A7 for the rear drop out

any93o.jpg

I won´t be able to get my Adroit data until November as I´m abroad and I have no pictures taken to serial numbers. Sorry.

Cheers,

JM

Hmmmm.... Mine seems to be a bit af an anomaly? 1990 Dolomite Attitude with high position cable inlets and embossed seal, frame number on dropout 'K' AT00B . Box fork no 5A217.

Disco Drive":1ulmrwot said:
Hmmmm.... Mine seems to be a bit af an anomaly? 1990 Dolomite Attitude with high position cable inlets and embossed seal, frame number on dropout 'K' AT00B . Box fork no 5A217.

AT is a standard number, just came before BAT. Any pics of your bike?

jmazpiazu":3ix5kqdv said:
Very informative post.

My 1991 22” Team Attitude with box fork and outline decals has the following serial numbers:

A0536 for the fork

A5A7 for the rear drop out

Cheers,

JM

Thanks. Do you know if your bike originally sold in Europe?

mkozaczek":1vdqjl3j said:
Disco Drive":1vdqjl3j said:

AT is a standard number, just came before BAT. Any pics of your bike?
I can't post pics from my iPad on here but could send them to you via email? Any idea what build number mine is?

mkozaczek":3b9sbum1 said:
Thanks. Do you know if your bike originally sold in Europe?

I think so.
It came from Germany and, as far as I know, it belonged to the same owner for the last 20 years.

Disco Drive":lh6mbcok said:
Thank you. That is an early one! I wonder why the fork number is so much higher?
I'll send pics tonight :)

It's the earliest production 1990 I have recorded. Next one down is #31. There was a string of 5-10 pre-production Attitudes before those that were used for shows and that sort of thing.

Those early forks broke so it might have been replaced at some point early on. Although that would mean it broke in 1990 which is pretty early, otherwise it would have received a uniklein replacement fork.

Back