Eroica's coming to the UK

bugloss":iv7czt81 said:
Be a shame not to fly the Retrobike flag.

Agree but not to the extent of getting thoroughly fleeced!

Share accommodation and travel and RvV or the RetroRonde for the same sort of cost as 'The Peaks Event' and the two former have the advantage of bucket loads of history, frites and top drawer beer (oh, and RvV has rather a decent pro race thrown in the following day).

Not wanting to be too subversive but couldn't our Peaks Road Ride be the version for those who want to enjoy the same roads at more modest cost i.e. none?

47p2":2l9ti2bx said:
TGR":2l9ti2bx said:
I might start a Norn Iron one!!! It will be cheap and verbal directions will be supplied!

"That f*#%k*#g way" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Exactly!!!! Have we met before? :D

Directions -Turn left at the leisure centre.
What does the leisure centre look like?
A sheep tied to a lampost.
(the old ones are the best)

Getting my coat ... right now

Richard

TGR":26mi4uwp said:

Me too - it's been chucking it down in Gaoile for the best part of 24 hours with another 3 inches forecast overnight and further rain tomorrow. Going is expected to be pretty heavy.

ededwards":2l2p86dw said:
TGR":2l2p86dw said:

Me too - it's been chucking it down in Gaoile for the best part of 24 hours with another 3 inches forecast overnight and further rain tomorrow. Going is expected to be pretty heavy.

Goodluck ed :D

Thanks chaps.

Unfortunately being large boned I can't risk lower pressures due to fear of pinch punctures but at least rock hard tyres should slice through the mud (that's what I'm convincing myself anyway). If we survive, montydog, johnsqual and/or I will feedback.

That's me out. £££.
Typical sportive prices + inflated by trendiness. I had my doubts when I saw the linked page. Italian food. In Britain. Methinks they have missed the point. Shouldn't a British event be about vintage British bikes . And all that went with cycling in it's heyday. Wool fair enough but maybe black jackets with the collars or white shirts outside and baggy shorts is more the style.
Actually I doubt they have missed their point. Make money. Sorry organisers but you have it all wrong for the UK.

Back