Room layout software recommendation?

russ77

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Morning all,

My wife has had a brainwave that means we might not have to sell up and buy a bigger house. It will involve some remodelling of the rear of our house and I was hoping someone might be able to recommend some basic software for floor planning? I no longer have anything suitable.

Ideally it would be capable of dealing with several rooms on a single level and allow for a few basic furniture items and appliances.

I feel a wasted weekend coming on.

We have Mac, Windows and an iPad so I guess there are a few options?

Cheers, T..

Sketchup it's good enough for scaled sketches, dead fast to use, furniture models are available from the user community.

It's what's used on the property ladder type programmes ont'elly.

Nice one! I'll have a play with that while she's at work this evening and dazzle her when she gets in. Cheers, T..

Sketchup has a few different layouts and style editors now. Worth a look.

My personal fav is a pencil, a ruler and a sketching/layout book. ;)
Well, it gives you a very easy option to put thoughts on paper that might become confused by the time you got the program loaded and started.

Same here. Pieces of paper cut to a scale size of your furniture, and a big one with the layout of the entire room or floor, same scale of course.

russ77":3hvursne said:
Nice one! I'll have a play with that while she's at work this evening and dazzle her when she gets in. Cheers, T..

Raging_Bulls":3hvursne said:
Same here. Pieces of paper cut to a scale size of your furniture, and a big one with the layout of the entire room or floor, same scale of course.

So I'm not the only one who has scale plan drawings of all my rooms and furniture... :D :D :D

Much easier to move stuff around with bits of paper than on the 'puter.

I have always used cut-up cereal boxes for the same purpose. She recently recycled all our furniture by accident.

I'm after help with some substantial remodelling, with walls moving, disappearing and so on. Sketchup looks ideal but I've found that all my computers are too old this evening to run it. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade the OS.

Cheers, T..

Back