BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

Retro_Roy":2i85swmr said:
how about an anonymous month.
would be bikes that you have never posted here before.
entries are emailed to moderator who posts them as
#1, 2, 3..............
could give a couple months advanced warning for members to get something ready.

Nice idea +1

Ductape":4bd6zifs said:
I tend to look into the build threads of the bikes I see and like on BOTM. I think it is part of my decision making process for voting. As far as ride photo's go, I don't have a hang up if the entrant doesn't have ride pics (I ride my old bikes though). Just seems to me there are probably people who have physical limitations that minimize their riding ability but still dig restoring an old bicycle. Also, restoring and cleaning a bike takes months. Not always in a hurry to get it dirty again. Thats just my process though and I am only good for one vote.

I kinda think the "action photo" could be difficult for some... I use all my bikes and they all get dirty! but I tend to ride alone hence no pics of my stunning self :facepalm: on said machinery.

Personally I do tend to look into the build threads (when they are available, which is not always) of the ones that interest me, and it can influence my decisions.

...and apologies if this should on another thread but;

When the term 'elitest' is bandied around it is not a derogatory term used to describe a 'no expense spared' build on some rare exotica of a frame, rather it is a dig at the people who look down their noses at any bike that isn't... :p

How about a full suspension month? They never get any love around here. Frankly, they should get some love, have any of you noticed what the mtb world rides now a days? Hint; It's not rigid Ti bikes :D

The real history of mtb is full suspension bikes. Sorry, flame on....

Just a thought for BOTm how about a budget bike one? Sub £200/300? Just a thought as it is lovely to see loads of class bikes sourced with great skill, built up with NOS but how about the bodgers, collectors and skinflints bikes. Part of a great british tradition.

I'd support the retro FS bike theme. Nice idea. Most retro ones would be XC and we could see some lovely Proflex's/AMP/Manitous/Ibis BowTi and that would be good.

I'd like to suggest that John find a replacement for himself as organizer of BoTM. The pumpkin special (Oct) was ridiculous but, Dec 2013 has reached an all time low.

When did BoTM stop being about the bikes?

Come on John, There's dozens of good ideas in this thread. Pick one!

Flame on lads....

Back