Gear cable and frame cable stop problem

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I have a small problem with the outer gear cable on the rear derailleur of my Raleigh :(

The outer gear cable does not seem to fit snugly into the frame mounted cable stop, and causes the plastic to crimp/wear and then the cable starts to rust,

Its also causing the frame mounted cable stop to rust too :(

Can you get any cable ferrules for the gear cable ?

And should the outer gear cable be flexible or stiff like mine (ooer :oops: )

Is this what you need? Cable Ferrules and the outer for your gear cable should be reasonably stiff.

Kind Regards

Liam

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I tried the local bike shop and the young lad said they only did them in 6mm :shock:

Good old ebay, ill order some.

Once they arrive, call back into your LBS and promptly shove one up the young lads nose, this way he will certainly remember to research things thoroughly before giving out flim flam answers. Alternatively simply call in and educate the young man on how to use the Internet to research any questions he is given, he can then give the correct answer, people will buy from them and they will continue to stay in business.

Kind Regards

Liam

Liam1611":20la2j94 said:
Once they arrive, call back into your LBS and promptly shove one up the young lads nose, this way he will certainly remember to research things thoroughly before giving out flim flam answers. Alternatively simply call in and educate the young man on how to use the Internet to research any questions he is given, he can then give the correct answer, people will buy from them and they will continue to stay in business.

Kind Regards

Liam

I will do, ill record the conversation too :)

I must take some responsibility though, I should have searched the internet myself :oops:

Back