Ebay bidding, what do you favour

MOD HAT ON

first of all, techno, calm down and stop using bad language, we don't want it, you may not like his system of buying but name calling is not needed. type, talk, tell your opinion and argue, fair enough, swearing is too far.

MOD HAT OFF

i tend to look for what i want, decide by the pics if it's good enough condition to warrant a bid, if the pic is rubbish i will ask for a couple more, maybe even to a specific side or whatever, assuming the item is good i then decide how much inc postage i would pay, set that as my maximum then leave it alone until the end of the auction. done quite well by this system. :)

I've lost count how many items I've purchased off ebay which 'looked ok', then when the item arrives it looks similar to the photo's but as you all fully know photo's hide things and if these hidden marks etc are not in the description I demand an answer, if I get no answer I then take it up with ebay and complain to them and then let it be sorted out between themselves and wait for an answer.

I remember ages ago buying a Cinelli stem which looked mint but when I went to put it on my friends bike I found that the stem expander bolt & expander was seized up, seller said it wasn't seized when he had it! I could have rammed it down his throat.

Item picture

Mavic 220 Rims Shimano STX-RC Parallax Hubs 26" Wheels 11... (151128353425)
Member ID pablo_sc_baby | Feedback score of 161 | 98.2%
Your maximum bid: £70,000.00
Sale date: 29/09/13
Tracking number: --

£20.99

+ £10.99

postage & packaging

Paid with PayPal on 2013-09-29.

Dispatched 01/10/13

Feedback not left

Feedback not received

Leave Feedback
Contact seller
More actions

I would always ask questions before. But also If i went to collect something and it was a pile of tosh I would walk away. I recently purchased some avid single digits and one was seized. I didnt notice until i fitted it and the spring tension lug snapped. I raised a case and got a partial refund and replaced the dodgy brake. Whilst you have to assume the item is as good as the seller says for larger sums of money you need to be pretty bloomin sure

jonnyboy666":3hzp2d8d said:
MOD HAT ON

first of all, techno, calm down and stop using bad language, we don't want it, you may not like his system of buying but name calling is not needed. type, talk, tell your opinion and argue, fair enough, swearing is too far.
Tell it to the swear filter.

i shouldn't have to. if you don't type it, it won't be there, so please do me the favour of not typing it.

@ technodup: Thanks for the impressive post :roll: I take my computer so I can pay, how else am I going to get online ?

You don't buy a car over the phone and pay before you see it, do you ? If you do, you must be a fool.

I don't see anything wrong with taking a little of the sellers time, after all they are there to make money. If they can't be bothered to answer a couple of questions to keep their customers happy and make the sale then they're probably not telling the whole truth about what they are selling.

You can block me if you wish, my ebay name is adamw4656. Are you going to be brave enough to tell me yours so I can avoid what your selling ? As you sound like someone I'd rather not have to deal with.

Check my feedback, you'll notice I'm a net buyer on ebay and I spend unto £1200.00 at a time. I don't like to deal with crappy sellers, that's why I try to flush the aggressive and the cheating ones out before I part with my cash.

Caveat emptor (look it up, if you don't know what it means).

Edit @ technodup or whoever you are.
Trouble with the internet is, is that it gives a medium for some to post abuse at others, generally they are people who are to scared to say it out loud and would rather hide behind a made up name. Please grow up or keep it to yourself.

Are you going to be big enough to apolgise, thanks.

Yours, Adam

lewisfoto":3u8n2x8z said:
+1 on above

When you buy something on Ebay it is a contract which is enforceable in civil court by the way.

Besides as long as the seller has done his due diligence then waffling after the sale is rude at the very best and downright dishonest. In order for Ebay to work BOTH buyer and seller must take the transaction serious.

Steven

Do you live in fairy land ?

Try and take an Italian or American through the civil court when you live in Denmark.

You can block me too if you wish. I don't mind. :)

bugloss":i1sjlm3t said:
lewisfoto":i1sjlm3t said:
+1 on above

When you buy something on Ebay it is a contract which is enforceable in civil court by the way.

Besides as long as the seller has done his due diligence then waffling after the sale is rude at the very best and downright dishonest. In order for Ebay to work BOTH buyer and seller must take the transaction serious.

Steven

Do you live in fairy land ?

Try and take an Italian or American through the civil court when you live in Denmark.

You can block me too if you wish. I don't mind. :)

Bugloss, Nothing in your original post referred to differences between local and cross border transactions but rather a lack of regard for what is a contract - which it seems (rightly in my opinion) to have upset a few people, enforcability does not remove the fact that a contract exists, a lot of people will not deal with overseas buyers for this reason, and with an attitude like yours, is it a surprise ? Any difficulties that you may perceive is no excuse for advocating what amounts to breach of contract and maybe you should be a bit more precise, what's your excuse for messing people around who are selling to you in Denmark ?

Back