Conkers update required please....

LikeClockwork":dymru3yt said:
They give 'em bad wind though.... :facepalm:

I think Andy has been eating conkers then. :roll: Lots of conkers round here ... and a fair amount of wind.

Also, I've heard that about spiders but never tried it cos I like spiders. Have you seen it when all the diddy little baby spiders come out of their nest? VERY cute. :D

LikeClockwork":2eailqa0 said:
It's some old wives tale! Apparently there is some chemical that conkers exude that spiders hate, so if you place some around your house they won't come in.

Apparently..... :roll:

I'll have to try that in my old land rover, it's like the set off Arachnophobia

grumpycommuter":313f7qby said:
It's that time of the year but given all the riding i do there aren't any horse-chestnuts anywhere on my routes. So are they out yet? We always take the kids to Coombe Park in Coventry where i teach them the ancient art of hoicking big sticks at trees to get the conkers down. We always seem to be the only family that does it, all the others look on disapprovingly :facepalm:

And why shuloukd you be surprised if yoy saw someone vandalising a flower bed or rudely shaped topiary

Chestnuts will drop on their own accord.

02gf74":36ilyv4q said:
grumpycommuter":36ilyv4q said:
It's that time of the year but given all the riding i do there aren't any horse-chestnuts anywhere on my routes. So are they out yet? We always take the kids to Coombe Park in Coventry where i teach them the ancient art of hoicking big sticks at trees to get the conkers down. We always seem to be the only family that does it, all the others look on disapprovingly :facepalm:

And why shuloukd you be surprised if yoy saw someone vandalising a flower bed or rudely shaped topiary

Chestnuts will drop on their own accord.

Good grief! I can feel the last remnants of fun in this sanitised world of ours slowly ebbing away.

We had some of the biggest conkers that I've ever seen from Drayton Manor Park yesterday.

Nowt wrong with lobbing sticks up to get them down IMO although we haven't got around any of that this year.

Back