Ebay bidding, what do you favour

Pretty sure you can mandate instant payment with Buy It Now, one of the options I'm sure.

It's not about clicks for most schemes, it's about purchases. Also as Mike mentions anything like this breaches t&cs for most.

ringo":lz8yvltv said:
I sometimes use a sniper, how does it not make the site revenue?

Or to reverse that how exactly does the site make revenue..?

If I go directly to eBay, without following a link from here and make a bid - surely there is no kickback for RB...

If you can clear this up John, I'll try to modify my ebay behaviour for the benefit of the site!

Appreciated :cool: The main thing is to simply use the links to auctions or items in the cycling bargains section if you intend to buy them.

Most of the revenue comes through display advertising (banners) and affiliate revenue (click through to shops and elsewhere). We still also have a minority stake in the EdEdward's burlesque show in Hereford but don't like to discuss this.

Most schemes will indeed need to see a click from RB -> Site in order for RB to see any revenue. If you find an auction or item on here, click through and enter the details into your sniper then the site gets nothing.

I nearly always try to agree a price to buy it now on auctions risking it going for less. Then get the seller to add the buy it now option to the listing and hope the heck i'm the first to see it. Or last week I waited until i had nearly finished a bottle of wine and bid £70k on a set of mavic 220's to see how much the winning bidder would have bid over what I wanted to pay. Luckily I won them for £20

ellist":39obgwyp said:
I nearly always try to agree a price to buy it now on auctions risking it going for less. Then get the seller to add the buy it now option to the listing and hope the heck i'm the first to see it. Or last week I waited until i had nearly finished a bottle of wine and bid £70k on a set of mavic 220's to see how much the winning bidder would have bid over what I wanted to pay. Luckily I won them for £20

Jeez, I'd seen those Mavic rims too and had a £69K bid lined up to make sure I got them. Lucky I forgot to place it with hindsight.

The script was said with "tongue in cheek", of course you'll get rumbled eventually.

If I was selling a "buy it now" and the buyer wants to satisfy themselves that everything is ok after they hit the button, then I'd be happy to oblige. I do it all the time through my business here and it's not any big issue as far as I'm concerned as the customer is king.

Unfortunately Ebay has opened the door to a few who don't see it that way and Ebays buyer protection means that the buyer looses out in the event of a claim as the return postage is not refundable.

bugloss":18rw41jm said:
If it's a "buy it now" and I really want it, I buy it but don't pay until the seller has answered all my questions and sent through a detailed set of high res photographs, which I take my time going over. I only pay when I'm satisfied that I'm getting what I think I'm getting.
I would tell you to bugger off and pay as per the agreed terms. You bid to buy, not to fanny about asking questions. In this example you're not taking your time, you're taking the seller's, and that only appropriate before you buy, if at all.

If it's a collect only I take my phone and computer and pay only when I've seen and inspected the item.
You bid to buy. As long as the description matches the item. And why do you take your computer??? Sellers must love you turning up.

If I win the auction and I get a message from the seller within an hour or so hassling me to pay I pull out.
Because you like to take your time again? You sound a right wank. Most sellers want paid quickly. Most buyers want to pay quickly so they receive quickly. You have no right to pull out because a seller asks you for payment, what the **** else are they going to do? Out of interest what arbitrary timescale do you deem acceptable?

Goes to show for every shit seller there is a shit buyer too.

What's your Ebay name so I can block you from buying?

+1 on above

When you buy something on Ebay it is a contract which is enforceable in civil court by the way.

Besides as long as the seller has done his due diligence then waffling after the sale is rude at the very best and downright dishonest. In order for Ebay to work BOTH buyer and seller must take the transaction serious.

Steven

Jesus! I know lets send in thousands of emails to Ebay to get rid of the option of ask a seller a question!

I've always been happy to answer any questions on any stuff i've sold on ebay.

What piss's me off with some sellers when they list something and forget to add any measurements but when you ask them a question they don't bloody well answer, this does piss me off.

Ian Raleigh":rncyua3h said:
I've always been happy to answer any questions on any stuff i've sold on ebay.
Nobody's saying otherwise. But questions get asked and answered BEFORE buying. Not after as the clown above thinks.

Latest posts

Back