1992 Ritchey P-22 Team

Solo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally, after being a member for almost 5 years now , things are coming together.
I have most of the frames and parts i was looking for and a new place to build them.

This will be my first build in, hopefully , a nice collection of Ritcheys

I started biking in 88 and rode many bikes incl GT, Manitou , Speci, Santa Cruz, Seven i now have a Moots Rigormootis and a Santos Rohloff SCC03 as modern bikes .

After finding a NOS pair of 737 pedals at a bargain price, i was looking for more info on older parts and came across this site.
One thing led to another and after 5 years of collecting bikes ( some say it's called hoarding ), Retrobike took over my life :cool: At first i was looking for the bikes i had before but soon the Ritcheys caught my attention.

Ritcheys were always something special , except for a Project 20 during a Transalp in 99 i never saw one oustide of the Worldcup races. There was no real dealer in Belgium and in the pre-internet ages it was difficult to buy one abroad.
Thanks to several RBUK members , i found some real nice frames , i hope i wil not disappoint them with the builds i plan

Next to the Ritcheys , bikes with full groupsets got my attention also. I still remember the first XT and XTR bikes at my LBS
but then discovered Suntour and Campy parts the last few years .

Those 2 preferences will be my "theme" for the future builds , all of them period correct but some of them will surprise the die-hard Ritchey fans

The first build will be a 92 P22 Team ( SN 9P38 > is listed on oldmountainbikes ), i got the frame from someone who bought it via Ebay recently. The frame is in great condition but the paint is destroyed by the previous owner . He left me no choice but to strip it completely .
The original colors were white and red , after the respray it will be red only . I found the original red Imron paint for the respray after a long search on the internet at a local carshop .

The frame /fork are being resprayed for the moment
For starters here are some pics from the frame before and after a late night session of sanding .

Overview of the build :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ox8oz868upo ... eam%201992

8Eyy1S68

j6ryJ1iz

PUURkTB0

XStqTfPD

9d7qlFT8

:) these were all lovely bikes, I rode one for about ten minutes when a firned of a friend brought it along for a ride. lovely.

Great bikes Ritcheys, only ever seen a few in the flesh, no nonsense get the job done :)

Looking forward to the build, did I see one on here with a Sachs build??

Rich

Frame came back from the painter in super condition !, i'll have the decals set in a couple of days

Wtj1Qxsr

C4cdaHAu

ts8mOgTm

m5Oo3iHr

HEIPjtup

Back